I just spoke with a supervisor with Best Buy Mobile via Best Buy's 1800 #. To his knowledge there are /no/ stores doing any Midnight releases of the PlayBook. Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that stores in the Canadian division will or will not be doing any midnight releases. They can only speak to the US stores.
    04-18-11 01:08 PM
    I just got my phone call from BB in Salem Oregon to schedule the pick-up of my pre-order tomorrow. I hit him up about a late night sale tonight & he said "I wish it was that easy".
    04-18-11 01:12 PM
    I just got my phone call from BB in Salem Oregon to schedule the pick-up of my pre-order tomorrow. I hit him up about a late night sale tonight & he said "I wish it was that easy".
    Yes, unfortunately, I wish it /was/ that easy. Hours aren't necessarily at a premium for any stores employees. You'd have to staff the store, and have some idea of how many people you'd be able to get to come to the release, if you could get anyone at all. I think Apple did the right thing with the iPad 2 by setting a single time during the day that the iPad would become sellable.
    04-18-11 01:17 PM
    The Best But near me, which is a big one, only has 10 preorders. It has a Playbook endcap set up today. There was scattered interest in it. I was waiting on line for around 10 minutes to preorder. In that time, I think two people played with it for a few minutes each. I am assuming that sales will grow as word of mouth spreads . . .
    04-18-11 01:17 PM
    Apparently this lucky Future Shop store in St. John's, Newfoundland will be the first one. They will open 7am Newfoundland Time = 5:30 Eastern Time = 2:30 Pacific Time!!!

20 Stavanger Dr, St John's, NL A1A 5E8 - Google Maps
    04-18-11 01:24 PM
    Apparently this lucky Future Shop store in St. John's, Newfoundland will be the first one. They will open 7am Newfoundland Time = 5:30 Eastern Time = 2:30 Pacific Time!!!

20 Stavanger Dr, St John's, NL A1A 5E8 - Google Maps
    Like I said, the American and the Canadian division are completely seperate, despite essentially being the same company. Good for them.
    04-18-11 01:27 PM
    I agree with lawguyman about word of mouth. There really isn't that much public advertising. I just preordered mine at best buy on thurs and nobody else had preordered and they didn't know much about the device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 01:27 PM
    I agree with lawguyman about word of mouth. There really isn't that much public advertising. I just preordered mine at best buy on thurs and nobody else had preordered and they didn't know much about the device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yup. Thing about BlackBerry is they don't always follow the Pop culture advertising. They'll succeed on their own merit. Although I'm not going to lie, it would be nice to see some actual advertising for the PB.
    04-18-11 01:29 PM
    Called my Best Buy and was told I can come at 7am tomorrow to pick up my pre-ordered Playbook.
    04-18-11 01:43 PM
    The Best Buy by me said there wasn't much in store interest, but they had A LOT of preorders. She thought they may be sold out of their alloted preorder supply. I don't live near a best buy in the "best part of town" either.
    04-18-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD