And it is clouding my judgment. I want to purchase the Playbook tomorrow, heck I wanted it a two months ago. I just have some reservations:
    -Will price decrease a month or so after release date
    -Will the desktop manager work with my Mac's OS- 10.4.11 (Don't want to spend $100+ to upgrade )
    -Will RIM release a new and improved Playbook within the next 6 months

I'm not worried about the apps, or navite email/calendar or small powerbutton. I want the PLAYBOOK NOW!!

Should I buy or wait?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 10:21 AM
    Billion Billion Zillion Million Million post... this forum is going to blow up.
    04-18-11 10:22 AM
    I think you should buy now, to reduce the stress the wait is causing you Have fun with it!
    04-18-11 10:23 AM
    I am with you on that. I want to see Skype on the Playbook before I purchase one.
    04-18-11 10:24 AM
    Yes I understand about the waiting game on whats the next best upgrade....I've been waiting on "flying cars" for awhile now. Hopefully I don't have long to wait......just kidding....you(I) only live once, enjoy and be happy
    04-18-11 11:07 AM
    10.4?!? C'mon man. Drop the $29 already and get Snow Leopard.
    04-18-11 11:11 AM
    The most obvious reason why there won't be another device in 6 months? They'll still be working on the current PlayBook.
    As opposed to putting out the Playbook 2 and charge customers again, when they really have not improved anything.
    04-18-11 11:11 AM
    The Playbook's hardware is top notch and there's not too much they can add that'll really merit an upgrade to a Playbook 2. It's not like Apple did and left so much off the first one that if you even wanted cameras, then you'd have to update. There may be a 10" and 8.9" form factor coming in the future but I'm sure RIM will continue to heavily support the current model for a while with software updates which will greatly improve its capabilities.
    04-18-11 11:18 AM
    10.4?!? C'mon man. Drop the $29 already and get Snow Leopard.
    Apple tells me I need the Mac Box set which cost $130 plus tax and shipping. I think I might just try the reg $30 upgrade.

Btw, I was referring to the network playbook that should be released in the summer time. With some phones now rumored to soon have 2GB Ram (Samsung) and some stating that the new. QNX os takes up a lot of memory, why not beef up the 4G playbook with 2GB Ram?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD