Hey,

So lately I've been selling some things online, and I guess I got too much money in my PayPal account too quick - so now it's limited. :dodgy: Now they have a whole list of things I need to do in order to remove the limitation. What kind of invoices/supplier contact info do I need to give? I sold stuff on CrackBerry, here, etc. Can someone walk me through this so I don't go crazy?

Apr 16, 2011 Confirm Social Security number
    Apr 16, 2011 Provide proof of delivery
    Apr 16, 2011 Provide Invoices
    Apr 16, 2011 Supplier Contact Info
    Apr 16, 2011 Provide more information about payments
    04-17-11 11:34 AM
    Umm...what? They're asking you this stuff?
    04-17-11 03:52 PM
    Are you sure someone isn't fishing you? I guess not if they did lock up your account.... Were you on a standard or pro? Because a pro account would already provide all that info...
    04-17-11 06:08 PM
    CALL paypal and ask.
    04-17-11 06:39 PM
    Confirm your SS#? So they have it already and just want to make sure its the same? Do what SandAngel said.
    04-17-11 11:28 PM
    Yeah you want to make sure and call them. I think if you opened the Paypal account and did not provide your social number and then started making a bunch of money they now need it for tax reasons that they have to report now to the IRS. So verify on the phone before you give anything out. By the way, what are you selling that is making so much money so fast?
    04-18-11 12:48 AM
    So far so good on our MP transaction. I fully expect it at my door when I get home from work tonight. I have been following the USPS tracking you sent me, and it seems to be on schedule. Of course with my local PO, you NEVER know, it might turn out to be tuesday, but that won't be your fault.
    04-18-11 08:55 AM
    I also recommend VERY HIGHLY to any Paypal (and Ebay) users:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ityKey-outside

04-18-11 09:27 AM
    So far so good on our MP transaction. I fully expect it at my door when I get home from work tonight. I have been following the USPS tracking you sent me, and it seems to be on schedule. Of course with my local PO, you NEVER know, it might turn out to be tuesday, but that won't be your fault.
    Hopefully they won't give you any trouble, and you'll get it today!

Yeah you want to make sure and call them. I think if you opened the Paypal account and did not provide your social number and then started making a bunch of money they now need it for tax reasons that they have to report now to the IRS. So verify on the phone before you give anything out. By the way, what are you selling that is making so much money so fast?
    I called them today and she helped out, and said it "should" be back to normal in 24-48 hours, but we'll see! Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I was still limited by the end of the week. I wasn't selling anything major, just a few transactions!

Are you sure someone isn't fishing you? I guess not if they did lock up your account.... Were you on a standard or pro? Because a pro account would already provide all that info...
    Umm...what? They're asking you this stuff?
    It's a standard account, and they're saying I need to "resolve" the issues in order to have a limitation review.
    04-18-11 03:54 PM
    Update:

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
    for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
    it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer
    complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.
    Disbursement optionsOption 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you
    can use the money in your PayPal account to refund them.

To refund your buyers:
    1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
    3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
    4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money."
    5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment."
    6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180
    days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
    will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
    and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
    I need to wait 180 days to get my money? **** that, what a load of bull****. Is there anything I can do? I asked him what kind of "security issues" there were, and he gave me a long winded BS answer and said "so um you'll have to find a new way to make payments online since we don't want to do business with you anymore."
    Last edited by lolreconlol; 04-19-11 at 12:54 PM.
    04-19-11 12:25 PM
    Sounds like they are being real gavones!
    04-19-11 03:26 PM
    This is normal if you are a seller, I have a few friends with eBay businesses and this happens to all new accounts. Just go with it and give them what they want, it's real easy.

As for invoices just send them an electronic copy of the invoice you would normally put in the packing slip or shipment itself. If you aren't providing invoices, I suggest you start as shipping across borders can be hard without that.

Proof of delivery is also simple as I would assume you want to protect yourself you are shipping items with tracking information. If you aren't, you are seriously going to get burned someday. Start doing that.

Supplier contact info, that depends. What are you selling? Sometimes they just want a company name unless you are selling textiles. Textiles suck to sell, they are the hardest thing in the world to ship over borders. I can order an assault rifle in Canada from the USA and get less of a hassle from customs than if I order a half dozen shirts.

It's simple and they aren't looking for a lot, just give them the info this once and you won't have to do it again.
    04-19-11 06:59 PM
    Sounds like they are being real gavones!
    Yeah! Thanks.

This is normal if you are a seller, I have a few friends with eBay businesses and this happens to all new accounts. Just go with it and give them what they want, it's real easy.

As for invoices just send them an electronic copy of the invoice you would normally put in the packing slip or shipment itself. If you aren't providing invoices, I suggest you start as shipping across borders can be hard without that.

Proof of delivery is also simple as I would assume you want to protect yourself you are shipping items with tracking information. If you aren't, you are seriously going to get burned someday. Start doing that.

Supplier contact info, that depends. What are you selling? Sometimes they just want a company name unless you are selling textiles. Textiles suck to sell, they are the hardest thing in the world to ship over borders. I can order an assault rifle in Canada from the USA and get less of a hassle from customs than if I order a half dozen shirts.

It's simple and they aren't looking for a lot, just give them the info this once and you won't have to do it again.
    I called them and worked that part out the other day. Did you read my updated post?
    04-19-11 07:35 PM
    Yeah! Thanks.

I called them and worked that part out the other day. Did you read my updated post?
    No, I'm illiterate actually. Also I live in the past so from my perspective you still haven't posted an update yet. It's coming?
    04-20-11 04:12 PM
    I use paypal for the following: Paying for stuff from ebay (rarely), shopping online (if i'm TOO lazy to get it at the store, remember, I have to bike there, longest journey was to tigerdirect on the queenway in toronto)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 04:13 AM
    I've had an address in 5 states (most of those states I've had two or three addresses in) in the last 3 years, what with school and some humanitarian work I did. I have bank accounts set up in 3 of those states (info is current, but have to use the old zip code for confirmation sometimes). In all, 3 debit cards on paypal (from 3 different states) and my bank account, and 9 shipping addresses. Oh, also had to get an ebay scam charge reversed once.

Summary: I've gone thru hellballs with paypal.
    But if you don't mind spending a good 30 minutes on the phone with them, they'll take care of any problems you have, and I've been completely satisfied with them.

So like other people on here have said, definitely call them. That way you'll definitely not have to worry about being scammed.

PS - buying stuff via Opera Mini can cause big problems with Paypal leading to temporary account closure, especially if used with the a 7th new address).
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 04-22-11 at 10:50 PM.
    04-22-11 10:48 PM
    ......In all, 3 debit cards on paypal and my bank account.....
    I would never recommend using your debit card with Paypal. If someone manages to steal your ID/PW, then say sayonara to your funds. The money, once it leaves your account, is gone.

At least with a credit card you have some additional protection in that regards.

If you don't have a credit card and must use the debit card, as I have recommended above, do yourself a favor and pay $5 for a PayPal/eBay security token.
    04-26-11 12:08 PM
    Nah, debit cards work like credit cards, and the purchase goes through visa/mastercard and is pulled directly from your account. Any unauthorized transactions will be cancelled and refunded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 12:34 PM
    You ever get that check Conner?
    04-26-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD