I know I am a new poster but I got some info from a lead inside Best Buy last night. Word on the street is that Rim is pushing for a trade with Apple for Apples Itunes and App store in exchange for BBM.

This could completely discount ANY hatred that there is no apps for the Playbook PLUS the Apple fanboys might begin to take notice of the playbook because it's so multi-dimensional with so many cross platform attributes.

WE MIGHT GET ANGRY BIRDS!
    04-17-11 08:32 AM
    LOL now that's funny. I don't think Steve would ever allow that to happen.
    04-17-11 08:39 AM
    not unless he's scared about the success of the playbook! lol
    04-17-11 08:41 AM
    I call bs on that
    04-17-11 08:43 AM
    Never would happen!
    Itunes is not something that RIM would need to partner to get access too,
    And giving up BBM to lose app revenue is just bad busines

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 08:49 AM
    Lololololol nope, never in a million years.

Apple has a pseudo BBM in Facetime, they have no need for BBM
    04-17-11 08:53 AM
    Never in a billion, jillion, million years.
    04-17-11 08:54 AM
    Was that a squadron of pigs that just flew past my window? Damn the price of bacon must have gone up.....
    04-17-11 09:22 AM
    This post is bs of course.

But bbm will continue to slide into irrelevance as a feature as free cross platform texting apps grow in popularity. Kik just received an infusion of funding.

This is like saying apple would trade motorola for their pager technology..
    04-17-11 09:28 AM
    I hope that never happens. I hate using iTunes!
    haha these comments are hilarious!

I had a feeling this would get turned down quick time, but I was just wondering, hypothetically speaking of course, what if this deal did go down... Do you think Apple fanboys would embrace or blast Jobs for selling out?
    Was that a squadron of pigs that just flew past my window? Damn the price of bacon must have gone up.....
    LMAO!

Never would happen...bad trade for Apple.
    I know I am a new poster but I got some info from a lead inside Best Buy last night. Word on the street is that Rim is pushing for a trade with Apple for Apples Itunes and App store in exchange for BBM.

This could completely discount ANY hatred that there is no apps for the Playbook PLUS the Apple fanboys might begin to take notice of the playbook because it's so multi-dimensional with so many cross platform attributes.

Even if it ever happens in future that iTunes Store is made available for Android and Blackberry, it will be for selling music, video, tv series, etc not for apps. iOS is a proprietary OS and you can't make apps written for it work on other OS. It's like making Apps written for Mac work on Windows or vice versa. Android apps can be made to work on PlayBook because Android apps are Java apps which run on a virtual machine. Technically even other OS can have similar virtual machine on their system. In fact that was one of the original intents of Java, to be platform independent.
    04-17-11 09:39 AM
    Do Blackberry users even want to use iTunes? I don't see the point.
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-17-11 09:46 AM

You really think Steve Jobs would allow this?
    04-17-11 09:53 AM
    Yes I'm sure a "lead" at best buy would be privy to this ground-breaking news story LOL
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    04-17-11 09:57 AM
    Was pretty much a done deal until Steve Ballmer burst in the meeting and offered Windows 98...
    04-17-11 10:03 AM
    If they ever did make this, I would sell all my of BBs and go straight to Android, if there was a sh!t bucket, you stuck your foot in it

04-17-11 10:06 AM
    Yes I'm sure a "lead" at best buy would be privy to this ground-breaking news story LOL
    Exactly! LOL..... BestBuy and RIM "inside info" is an oxymoron and do not belong in the same sentence. The chain has already shown that the majority of their employee's either don't have a clue about the PB and BB's or don't seem to care about them. Also, any RIM employee is certainly NOT going to disclose info of that nature outside of their workplace, and most definitely not to a third party retailer. Good one though.
    04-17-11 10:07 AM
    Was pretty much a done deal until Steve Ballmer burst in the meeting and offered Windows 98...
    Doooooood! Take the deal!
    hahahaha
    04-17-11 10:08 AM
    Jobs will never do that the iphone doesn't need BBM. People always talk about bbm being the only reason people use blackberry. I don't use bbm myself the keyboard and battery life are the reason I use mine.

04-17-11 10:15 AM
    OP: it'll never, ever happen.
    04-17-11 11:30 AM
    I would give some credibility to the op except his source comes from a "best buy lead".

Send by my Android
    04-17-11 11:36 AM
    BBM is worthless to Apple..
    04-17-11 12:44 PM
    ROTFLMAO

That was just the shoe I was waiting to hear drop!

Windows 98... What times we had... lol
    04-17-11 01:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD