Still in the agonizing wait for my PlayBook to arrive I created a little promo video for my upcoming app (which will hopefully be approved by RIM before tuesday)

Let me know what you think

Last edited by TheMarco; 04-17-11 at 01:40 AM.
    leventeksi likes this.
    04-17-11 01:29 AM
    Nice Promo video Marco!
    04-17-11 01:35 AM
    Nice Marco! I will be giving this a try. Good luck!!
    04-17-11 01:35 AM
    if it comes with a soundtrack like that, i'll definitely consider downloading!
    04-17-11 01:40 AM
    It says it is a private video and I am not allowed to view it.
    04-17-11 01:42 AM
    It works now. Had to re-upload, something weird was going on with it.
    04-17-11 01:48 AM
    Nice video. What did you edit with?
    04-17-11 09:13 AM
    Nice app... I paid a small fortune for an HP calculator much like that one back in my calculus class days. Could never have envisioned where technology is today! Well done!
    04-17-11 10:03 AM
    would be cool if you can bring your app for math exam but i highly doubt it that the school will allow tablets during exams. unless you can convince the teacher that the pb is just a dumb oversize calc.
    04-17-11 11:18 AM
    Well done and good luck!
    04-17-11 11:19 AM
    It's the Beatles meets the late 90's! Love the song. As for the vid, only thing I'd add would be perhaps the actual price of a scientific calculator the app would replace for value purposes. Nice work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 11:28 AM
    Nice job. The video is great.
    04-17-11 11:35 AM
    I am still rockin' my 11C, actually have to keep it hidden from the wife as she wants it as well. Got a 12C a few years back, but need the scientific so it sits in a drawer somewhere. I have also tried various emulators on several devices including the storm-1 (the click made it even more realistic). One of the strongest selling points of the 10-15c series was the small size compared to the 41 series.
    This looks very interesting and I will have to try this out when I get my PB.
    04-17-11 01:16 PM
    Beautiful job. I'll buy it for the nostalgic factor if nothing else.
    04-17-11 01:41 PM
    Hey thanks everyone for the nice reactions!

liquix I edited it with iMovie. The on-screen action was recorded with iShowU UD. Still trying to get my head around After Effects to do better movies in the future but for now this works pretty well
    04-17-11 01:45 PM
    Really nice app! And great job on that video too.
    04-17-11 01:49 PM
    Nice job, looks great. Are u also putting out a financial calculator?
    04-17-11 03:40 PM
    Nice job, looks great. Are u also putting out a financial calculator?
    I'm actually considering adding all common financial calculations to this app itself. I'm still in some sort of mental planning process on how to do it in a nice way. Stay tuned!

Other stuff I'm thinking about are:

- programmability (that's gonna be a nice hard coding exercise)
    - graphing (though I'm still not sure how many people actually USE that)
    - physics constants database

If this thing sells well I'll be adding features like a madman. Also I'm not only betting on the PlayBook here. There will be a HP TouchPad version too so if either one does well it will benefit both
    04-17-11 06:03 PM
    Hah! The app JUST became available in AppWorld.

BlackBerry App World - Scientific RPN Calculator

Looks like I'm good to go except for still not having my free PlayBook from the developer program
    04-18-11 02:12 PM
    Did Marco just say that he is using iMovie? iShowU?
    No offense, but you are talking to hardcore BlackBerry users. Please do not mention Mac, Apple, iWhatever here....

But that IS a very sweet promo vid you made for your app. Good luck!!
    04-18-11 02:39 PM
    Did Marco just say that he is using iMovie? iShowU?
    No offense, but you are talking to hardcore BlackBerry users. Please do not mention Mac, Apple, iWhatever here....

But that IS a very sweet promo vid you made for your app. Good luck!!
    I hate Apple but I hate Windows even more. And Linux is not an option for me because (LOL!) it has no apps (at least not the ones I need, like Adobe CS)
    04-18-11 05:02 PM
    Apple is the devil.
    04-18-11 05:11 PM
    It's not programmable though is it? Like a 33s or similar?
    04-18-11 11:15 PM
    It's not programmable though is it? Like a 33s or similar?
    Nope but that's a planned feature though! (provided that the app will sell at all of course). If the app sells well I'll keep adding features.

Still trying to figure out what the best way is to implement programmability. I don't want to just try to emulate that like a HP. The HP is an 80's device, on a PlayBook it should be made easier IMHO.
    04-18-11 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD