Do you think that the Javelin that is the new Curve I heard will be coming to ATT? Because it will be the new Curve replacement or do you think they will be sticking to this whole 3G thing?
    08-11-08 12:12 AM
    I am sure it will eventually...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 12:20 AM
    I'm guessing tmo will get it first but yea ATT eventually.

08-11-08 01:23 AM
    AT&T will be getting the Javelin. As far as it being the "new" Curve, LMAO. The Javelin has quite a few better specs than the Bold. Actually, all the specs are better minus the Bold having a little faster processor and 3G.

08-11-08 01:23 PM
    The Javelin is so under-hyped because all the fanny boys are blinded by the Bold

I personally have been pushing for the Javelin all along... and the article Kevin posted last week seriously made me jump out of my seat. And that is only the tip of the ice berg... you know that there will be tricks up RIM's sleeve on this one
    08-11-08 01:34 PM
    Is it for sure that the Javelin is going to tmo first? That would actually be good for me because by the time it makes its way to AT&T I will be able to upgrade lol.
    08-11-08 10:16 PM
    I hope it will come very soon to At&t but I really doubt considering the Curve just came out a couple of months ago..
    08-11-08 11:18 PM
    I hope it will come very soon to At&t but I really doubt considering the Curve just came out a couple of months ago..
    The Curve (8300) came out last October which is almost a year, don't know where you get your information from.
    08-12-08 07:43 AM
    Actually, the 8300 came out before that. The 8310 has been available since October. The 8300 was released in May or June of '07.
    08-12-08 07:53 AM
    Actually, the 8300 came out before that. The 8310 has been available since October. The 8300 was released in May or June of '07.
    I agree, it was actually May 3rd, 2007 to be exact.

There is NO reason why the Javelin will not be released in Q4 of 2008.
    08-12-08 09:21 AM
    I don't think the Javelin will be coming to AT&T.

AT&T is focused on 3g... if they add it, then I'm sure it will be headed our way.
    08-13-08 12:33 AM
    Isn't the 8320 coming to AT&T?? I'm pretty sure it is. It's not going to have 3G. I understand what you're saying, but I'm just telling you more likely than not, AT&T will probably getting the Javelin.

08-14-08 10:54 AM
    It does not make any sense of ATT to not get the Javelin. It is always good to have a variety of alternatives (BlackBerries or not!)

And since the Javelin is a GSM EDGE device, I could not see ATT totally skipping out on it... and I could not see RIM letting one of their largest BlackBerry markets skip out on it either.
    08-14-08 11:00 AM
    Either way, that's one of the big reasons I moved to AT&T from Verizon. As long as the device supports the same frequencies as my carrier, I can use whatever device on their network that I want, rather than just what is offered.

So hopefully AT&T will offer the Javelin (and soon!). If not, I'll just find one and unlock it.
    08-14-08 12:54 PM
    Isn't the 8320 coming to AT&T?? I'm pretty sure it is. It's not going to have 3G. I understand what you're saying, but I'm just telling you more likely than not, AT&T will probably getting the Javelin.

Is Verizon in the picture for getting this phone? All I see coming Verizon is the 9500 Touchphone, will they get the Javelin?

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-15-08 at 08:26 PM.
    08-15-08 08:23 PM
    Is Verizon in the picture for getting this phone? All I see coming Verizon is the 9500, will they get the Javelin?

Dennis
    Yes, although it's not going to be named Javelin. Rumors are it will be named the Niagara, but it'll be the same device, just CDMA version.
    08-15-08 08:27 PM
    Yes, although it's not going to be named Javelin. Rumors are it will be named the Niagara, but it'll be the same device, just CDMA version.
    Man, with all the reading I've been doing lately, you would think I would have picked this up somewhere.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    08-15-08 08:46 PM
    Would it be unrealistic for the Javelin to be released for AT&T late this year? Because I'm deciding between this and the Bold.
    08-18-08 10:22 PM
    Would it be unrealistic for the Javelin to be released for AT&T late this year? Because I'm deciding between this and the Bold.
    Nope, this would not be unrealistic.
    08-18-08 11:41 PM
    That's good news! Hopefully it is, but with what is happening with the Bold's release date(s) I guess all I/we can do is hope, haha.

Hopefully AT&T gets it sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by kevinberry; 08-24-08 at 08:34 PM.
    08-19-08 10:42 AM
    Yep, you never really know. We all know anything can happen. As I've stated before, most of the rumors about the Javelin have proven true. With that in mind, the powers that be are shooting for October. Although, and this is the first post on this; I saw a Jav has some problems yesterday. It had to be sent back. Let's hope its only a minor problem. And FYI: the Jav wasn't the only model having this problem.

08-19-08 11:25 AM
    I just hope it gets to AT&T without too much of a delay. I would much rather get the javelin than the bold.
    08-19-08 12:49 PM
    I just hope it gets to AT&T without too much of a delay. I would much rather get the javelin than the bold.
    lol your a regular comedian.
    Although at the rate we're going with this at&t wait for a bold...we'll probably see the 2nd coming of christ before its released.
    08-23-08 10:35 AM
    Ugh, the wait for the Bold is getting a tad unbearable. The Javelin is looking better and better.

I hope this is release this year for AT&T. Better size and well almost everything else besides 3G. But that's been shaky so, don't know what to say to that.
    08-23-08 06:03 PM
    Yep, you never really know. We all know anything can happen. As I've stated before, most of the rumors about the Javelin have proven true. With that in mind, the powers that be are shooting for October. Although, and this is the first post on this; I saw a Jav has some problems yesterday. It had to be sent back. Let's hope its only a minor problem. And FYI: the Jav wasn't the only model having this problem.

Boy, you always have your ear to the street when it comes to the world of BB. I love it. I hope everything works out with all of these future BBs coming down the pipe. I cannot wait. I almost want to wait for as long as possible before I get the next big thing. That way I can compare them all and then make a decision. Bold or Javelin. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.
    08-23-08 06:35 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD