Today after my phone reset, I had an icon for "The Smurf's Village" on my menu page that linked to some Blackberry Preload screen. This is not software I've downloaded and it appeared basically out of thin air.

Anyone else being haunted by Papa Smurf today?
    04-15-11 06:19 PM
    You're carrier (T-Mobile in this case) probably pushed it, it doesn't take up much memory anyways.
    Just hide it, it won't go away.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 04-16-11 at 09:36 PM.
    Mamarazzi likes this.
    04-15-11 06:40 PM
    Same here. I was like "WTH?" T-mobile is my carrier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 09:12 PM
    Yes, its a t-mobile service book icon. If you want to get rid of it, you can go ahead and go to Options and then Service Books and look for the book that says something like smurf village[browserconfig] i found it and deleted it and the icon got erased! this works for any other icon that you don't want like the myspace one just make sure it says "[browserconfig] at the end.
    04-17-11 07:54 PM
    It's pushed by T-Mo so even if you do delete it from your service books, it will be back on your next restart. Create a new folder for things like these pushed launchers and hide it.
    04-18-11 12:35 AM
    No need to create a folder, select the icon, press the BB button, select hide. You'll never have to worry about it again.
    04-18-11 10:45 AM
    That's it. I have at least 15 icons hidden on my BB.
    That is a lot! Then it makes sense to put them all into a junk folder and then hid the folder. Good idea kelly
    04-18-11 11:07 AM
    Well you could create a folder, add them into that and then hide the whole folder in one click.
    04-18-11 11:38 AM
    The only thing Voda have ever pushed to my phone is Poynt... which was nice

It's a bloody good app, and free. Can't believe I never tried it before.

04-18-11 11:45 AM
    T-Mobile is famous for this garbage and I hate it, but it's probably one of the only things that keeps them afloat as a business because they otherwise have the worst business sense and competence.
    04-18-11 12:58 PM
    I'm on Rogers and haven't had any pushed Apps?
    04-18-11 02:40 PM
    Same here, on TMO, just hid it, and on with life... hehehehe!
    04-18-11 10:25 PM
    I had this app pushed to me as well. Just hide it, bingo-bango!

Got to love beyondthebox's comments on TMobile...I have had every carrier minis big Red and by far have been the happiest on TMobile....burns me suck arse Att is buying them up...

A lot of carriers push crap onto people's phones. Just isn't TMobile doing it.

04-19-11 02:24 PM
    Yeah it freaked me out today when i rebooted the phone after a bbm update. What the **** is Pappa Smurf doing on my phone. i was about to start another thread then decided to search this first. i honestly thought it was a vulnerability that was exploited and someone was waiting for me to click the icon to install some sort of malware. I hate when companies do this. I almost put on my tin foil hat.
    Last edited by 8900Freak; 05-03-11 at 01:44 PM.
    05-03-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD