Well man how disappointed am I?? I wasted $60 on 2 of these cases! one for me and one for my wife's Torch.

Mine after disassembling the case a couple times to clean it, the top cover busted and I'm careful so that was a **** off. Then I find bad groove wear marks in the bottom bezel from sliding it open and closed. now I've got to go find and buy a new chrome bezel if i want to resell my torch as MINT.

My Wife's: Her front cover also broke off at the top clip just a few days ago. She's never taken it apart until once to clean hers and bang, it's done.

I've been such a huge fan of otterbox cases and so mad about the waste of money it's been thus far. I never had any issue with their cases for my 9700, 9000 etc. I'm at a loss and venting. The casemates suck and I need a solution. Any thoughts guys??
    04-15-11 12:50 PM
    a buddy of mine bought this the first day he had his torch, and the top piece broke the first day. pretty gay
    04-15-11 12:53 PM
    Yeah that is! I mean i understand that they had to really think about making a case to make it work with the Torch but seriously?? This is brutal. I'm out decent cash and stuck trying to choose a case for my wife and I that works now.
    04-15-11 12:58 PM
    I hear you!! I never bought the Otterbox because of 2 reasons:

1) I have read about and heard from too many people how the top case of their Otterbox broke
    2) there was no holster.

So after doing some searching I went out on a limb and purshased a case by Seidio (see the below link) and I have been very happy with my purchase. I have dropped my Torch many times and the case has never cracked and the holster is solid. I am the type of guy who does not like cheaply made products and the case and holster by Seidio is well worth the money. Hope this helps.

Kurt

Seidio InnoCase Protective Case for Torch (Burgundy) + Seidio InnoCase Holster for Torch - CrackBerry Canada
    04-15-11 01:11 PM
    Go for the AGF GRT case. Absolutely fantastic. My torch has been in it for 6 months, every time I take it out, it's like opening the box for the first time... Mint!

If you need it with a holster, go for the AGF endo case + holster combo.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 01:13 PM
    a buddy of mine bought this the first day he had his torch, and the top piece broke the first day. pretty gay
    Really? What are you 12? Grow up kid!

04-15-11 01:25 PM
    I had the same problem. Less than a month and the top clip broke and also scratched part of the bottom bezel. Pretty weak.

Unfortunately until I find something that leaves the torch out of a holster and also blocks open ports, I am still using the back half of the case. I am a mechanic and my pre went south when it got grease and dirt in the audio jack.

04-15-11 01:44 PM
    My case broke the some day I got the case but I called them back and they sent me a new one. They r pretty good with warranty

04-15-11 03:13 PM
    Get the seidio innocase surface

04-15-11 03:28 PM
    I used the Otterbox case for awhile and liked it a lot, but when using the trackpad or pressing any of the buttons below the screen I had that annoying clicking of the top and bottom case hitting each other or pushing the top part of the slider up a little so I finally took the case off. If I could figure out something to close the gap between the 2 parts I'd put it back on.
    04-15-11 04:46 PM
    Otterbox for this sucks, mine broke also so i switched to the AGF GRT case and it is amazing!!! no complaints at all drop a couple of time and everything stays on unlike the otterbox.
    04-15-11 08:23 PM
    I've always been a fan of OtterBox, but I've avoided their current generation of Torch products because of all the bad reviews, and each week it seems to be that my avoidance is justified more and more.

I bought an AGF GRT case, however it turned out to be damaged (the front piece was bent, likely from someone who had it before me and returned it once they damaged it) so I'm rocking the leather pocket again.
    04-15-11 09:46 PM
    Otterbox is the best company when it comes to warranty replacement. I love their cases, but think they made the upper bezel piece a bit to brittle for this phone. Still a nice case in concept though.

I just received the AGF GLRT case today (bought off ebay, brand new) and really like this case for the torch. It doesn't protect the ports like the back half of the Otterbox did, but it is the best design for a slider phone I have seen yet. Sad I didn't find this for my Palm Pre when I had that phone. I went through 3 Seidio Innosurface cases before I gave up on them for the slider design. The plastic tabs that held the top part on the Pre kept breaking off and I also broke a few holsters. Seidio products were great for most of my phones, but the cases just didn't work out for the slider design (my experience).
    04-15-11 09:48 PM
    Call them up and explain the issues you are having. They will issue you a refund on your defective cases.
    04-15-11 09:49 PM
    i have used the otterbox and the afk , arf, gkt whatever the abbreviation is, and they both suck. Since the torch is a slider, its just nearly impossible to make a rock solid case for it.
    04-16-11 12:18 AM
    I use the Incipio Feather Case. Light, thin, and stays on without hurting the Torch. Also comes with a warranty.
    04-16-11 01:38 AM
    Thanks allot guys for all the responses! Much appreciated. I did send Otterbox an email explaining the problems and my disappointment.
    So here is hoping they rectify it, I'll try giving them a ring on monday as well. Further to this, I need to find where to buy a new chrome bottom bezel so I can resell as "mint" when the Bold touch arrives.

Thanks again peepz

04-16-11 03:21 PM
    Try Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile for parts etc...

04-16-11 03:51 PM
    Its nearly impossible to replace the front chrome piece on the Torch...i've looked into it after my otterbox broke and damaged my phone really bad.

AGF case is FTW
    04-17-11 12:48 AM
    Really? What are you 12? Grow up kid!

Because I said gay? Are you gay? Did that offend you? I apologize. Let me re-iterate. "That's pretty lame".

There, feel better? Wow, damn trolls.
    04-17-11 02:47 AM
    Its nearly impossible to replace the front chrome piece on the Torch...i've looked into it after my otterbox broke and damaged my phone really bad.

AGF case is FTW
    No its not the top bezel, as I said its the bottom chrome bezel that wraps around the keyboard that needs replacing.

04-17-11 02:33 PM
    Last update on this, you guys were right about the customer service! It was outstanding to say the least!! They are sending me out 2 replacement cases already on the way and told me that if these ones break as well, to let them know and they'll refund back the cost!!

I was so blown away with the service, I asked to talk to the main rep's supervisor so that I may express the great service and professionalism I received and I did.

Another great thing to note, I only found 1 of the 2 receipts I had, scanned it and emailed it as proof. They said it wasn't necessary but I did it anyway. They were going to replace just on my word!?? Wow!
    Hats off to those guys man! And thanks again for the suggetions guys. Much appreciated

04-17-11 03:09 PM
    Because I said gay? Are you gay? Did that offend you? I apologize. Let me re-iterate. "That's pretty lame".

There, feel better? Wow, damn trolls.
    Easy there. He might not be gay. Perhaps he just has a red Torch and the attendant confidence issues.

Edit:
    if it matters to anyone, even fags refer to lame stuff as being "gay." Just sayin...
    Last edited by palomartian; 04-18-11 at 03:01 PM.
    04-17-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD