so I walked into my local FS trying to persuade the lady at the mobile both to sell me my PB today :P She said they haven't arrived in the store yet but they are opening at 7am on Tuesday for the opening. When i asked her if they got alot of pre orders she said they have gotten 80. I also found interested when she told me one guy pre ordered 20 PB's (prolly for his business) and when he wanted to pre order more the store manager said he couldn't.
    menaknow likes this.
    04-15-11 11:19 AM
    Stupid FS - ALERT RIM IMMEDIATELY!

This is why they're losing PB sales!

jk
    04-15-11 11:21 AM
    Stupid FS - ALERT RIM IMMEDIATELY!

This is why they're losing PB sales!

jk
    ya haha.. id assume he would have just walked next door to staples then down the street to best buy if he wanted 1000000 more lol
    04-15-11 11:23 AM
    so I walked into my local FS trying to persuade the lady at the mobile both to sell me my PB today :P She said they haven't arrived in the store yet but they are opening at 7am on Tuesday for the opening. When i asked her if they got alot of pre orders she said they have gotten 80. I also found interested when she told me one guy pre ordered 20 PB's (prolly for his business) and when he wanted to pre order more the store manager said he couldn't.
    Yeah Best buy is opening at 7AM as well, I work there. The only reason why there not allowed to pre order so many is its unfair to the customers. say if they get 25 of each model and one guy pre orders 15. That is pretty unfair to the rest of the people who pre-ordered. sales like that are usually directed to the manufacture.
    04-15-11 11:28 AM
    Yeah Best buy is opening at 7AM as well, I work there. The only reason why there not allowed to pre order so many is its unfair to the customers. say if they get 25 of each model and one guy pre orders 15. That is pretty unfair to the rest of the people who pre-ordered. sales like that are usually directed to the manufacture.
    make sense, but you would think FS or best buy would get on the phone and ask rim to send more!
    04-15-11 11:35 AM
    Woohoo,

Glad you made this post, I was still under the impressions that I'd have to wait for a 10 am opening for Futureshop.

Now I can pick up my device on my way to work! Bad news is I'll have my device at work however...
    04-15-11 12:50 PM
    make sense, but you would think FS or best buy would get on the phone and ask rim to send more!
    The problem is at store level we have no control on any shipments. Just like the ipad 2's, some times they send 3 of each model. basicly rim apple and every manufacture don't give the max stock levels on purpose. so it builds the hype up. if you know what i mean.
    04-15-11 12:56 PM
    Just got an email from Future shop with a link to when they will be doing in-store demos

BlackBerry Playbook Demo Days - Future Shop
    04-15-11 01:53 PM
    so, if I pre-order 1 tomorrow, will I be able to get the pre-ordered one on the 19th?
    04-15-11 02:43 PM
    Just came back from Futureshop. They got sh*t all there. One small sign about the PB. Two small empty display next to the xoom.

Went next door to staple. they have big @ss posters on all the windows. Big display setup right in front of the door when you get in. Not sure why but they have video made from BGR and not official rim video running on the display. everyone there is wearing the yellow PB t-shirt but no demo unit to play with.

I will probably get it at staple rather than FS.
    04-15-11 02:54 PM
    the manager at my local staples told me that they will be opening at midnight tuesday morning for the playbook release and that i could pick up my pre-order then
    04-15-11 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD