Will the Playbook be able to play movies? If so what format�s? Any tips on the best place to buy movies for the Playbook for killing time on flights?

Thanks.
    04-15-11 10:02 AM
    we need netflix asap
    04-15-11 10:03 AM
    Will the Playbook be able to play movies? If so what format�s? Any tips on the best place to buy movies for the Playbook for killing time on flights?

Thanks.
    Yes it will play movies. Per Playbook website H.264, MPEG4, WMV

As for movies you can rip any DVD you own to a video file.
    04-15-11 10:05 AM

Thanks.
    As you read through this forum you'll find that, no doubt due to the frustration of waiting for the PB, tempers seem a little short. You are less likely to tick someone off if you do a search prior to posting. This topic has been discussed many times and several good suggestions have been made. If you're uncertain how to search the forum just ask.
    04-15-11 10:06 AM
    Here let me help.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/dwqw69.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    04-15-11 11:06 AM
    Yes it will play movies. Per Playbook website H.264, MPEG4, WMV

As for movies you can rip any DVD you own to a video file.
    I can't get any WMV videos to play on the playbook or any other BB I have owned. I get an unrecognized format error. Is there a special encoder I should be using?

Thanks in advance
    04-20-11 12:29 PM
    As you read through this forum you'll find that, no doubt due to the frustration of waiting for the PB, tempers seem a little short. You are less likely to tick someone off if you do a search prior to posting. This topic has been discussed many times and several good suggestions have been made. If you're uncertain how to search the forum just ask.
    Thank goodness, the police are here!
    04-20-11 12:37 PM
    I uploaded a 3 hour HD Xvid encoded avi last night and watched it using the HDMI output to my TV... Perfect... No complaints...
    04-20-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD