Set your keyboard rate to "Medium Slow". Go to keyboard options and set your key Rate to 'Medium Slow'.

Let me know if it works.
    04-14-11 07:56 PM
    I've never had double key issue and my keyboard rate is set at "normal" and I don't use spell check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 08:10 PM
    Let me know if it works.
    It won't... it's a hardware issue.

04-14-11 08:18 PM
    It's been confirmed that the key rate has no effect on that issue. While it may work for you, there's a good chance that you'll be back as with the double key input.
    04-14-11 08:19 PM
    It's been confirmed that the key rate has no effect on that issue. While it may work for you, there's a good chance that you'll be back as with the double key input.
    I have just tried it, I will see if it makes a difference! Sadly though I think my space button will still be making random sentences!

04-14-11 09:10 PM
    It won't... it's a hardware issue.
    In fact if helps a bit, I did it as soon as the stuttering started (2-3 months ago).

But I agree it is no fix, just a way to mitigate the issue, as it happens less frequently.
    04-14-11 09:12 PM
    I tried changing the key rate months ago too but that also made it so that I have to hold the menu key or track pad longer to access certain menus. That irritated me more than the double input.

04-15-11 01:05 AM
    Looks like another user has found the "key rate" function on his device
    04-15-11 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD