I'm just curious ...

- How good/bad/reliable is the notification-system in comparison to a BlackBerry (Facebook, eMail, Twitter, WhatsApp)?
    -Does the Droid 2 have a LED-light like a BlackBerry that notifies you about new FB, Whatsapp Messages, eMail ... etc when the device is in sleep mode?
    - Does everything you do with that phone automatically syncs with your Google Account (like contacts, eMails, notes)? - if yes, can I turn this off? I don't want Google to know everything about me ..
    - Is the hardware and the slide-mechanism solid/fragile?
    - What are other pros ands cons?

Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 02:31 PM
    I'm just curious ...

- How good/bad/reliable is the notification-system in comparison to a BlackBerry (Facebook, eMail, Twitter, WhatsApp)?

The notification system is pretty good IMO and is all located in the slide down status bar. Some apps use push but it seems to work when it wants to like Gmail, facebook(can poll every hour, 2 hrs, etc..), and most apps allow this.

-Does the Droid 2 have a LED-light like a BlackBerry that notifies you about new FB, Whatsapp Messages, eMail ... etc when the device is in sleep mode?

Yes most motorola phones have an LED notfication but it's nowhere near as big as a BB. Still decent though.

- Does everything you do with that phone automatically syncs with your Google Account (like contacts, eMails, notes)? -

Android OS requires a gmail account to set up the phone and yes you can turn off sync for contacts, calendars, and email.

- Is the hardware and the slide-mechanism solid/fragile?

I bought a Droid 2 and the top left part was loose so I ended up selling it since I don't like horizontal sliders. Have you checked into the Droid Pro? Its the easiest to transisition from a BB if you're worried about having a good keyboard.

- What are other pros ands cons?

Just start doing some research on the Android OS to gainsome knowledge and go to your carrier's store toplay with the phones for a bit to get a feel.

Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Answers in bold.
    04-13-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD