So why are ppl going to buy the upcoming bb's if its not coming with qnx, i have an evo and i am waiting patiently i just wish rim wud hurry up though. I will buy bb playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 11:54 PM
    What "wud" I be able to do with a BB with QNX that I couldn't do with my BB now and/or one of the new BBs coming this year?
    04-13-11 05:45 AM
    Maybe because they want it? So they buy it..
    04-13-11 10:46 AM
    It's an entirely new OS that would be running on entirely new gen hardware, so probably it would be quite a bit different...

That said if you like the BB platform, the new BBs this year will offer the same thing but with much, much smoother UI, much faster web browsing (hardware was the limitation for current OS6 devices) and probably standardized opengl applications from here out.
    04-13-11 11:08 AM
    It's an entirely new OS that would be running on entirely new gen hardware, so probably it would be quite a bit different...

That said if you like the BB platform, the new BBs this year will offer the same thing but with much, much smoother UI, much faster web browsing (hardware was the limitation for current OS6 devices) and probably standardized opengl applications from here out.

You gonna get one??
    04-14-11 06:15 PM
    Dunno, lol. Wouldn't mind having a bold touch, but going down from LTE to 3g is going to kinda suck...
    04-14-11 06:23 PM
    Dunno, lol. Wouldn't mind having a bold touch, but going down from LTE to 3g is going to kinda suck...
    I am ALL over the Bold Touch when it comes out!!
    04-15-11 11:09 AM
    So why are ppl going to buy the upcoming bb's if its not coming with qnx, i have an evo and i am waiting patiently i just wish rim wud hurry up though. I will buy bb playbook.

because imma catch 'em all !

nah, i just really want the bold touch, and i'll use it for 1 year, i think QNX phones will be out by then, hopefully
    so 1 year with bold touch, then QNX
    : )
    04-15-11 11:14 AM
    how soon will we be seeing the bold touch with sprint?
    04-15-11 12:54 PM
    Probably Spring/Summer
    04-15-11 01:41 PM
    I am ALL over the Bold Touch when it comes out!!
    Me too!!!
    04-15-11 03:27 PM
    If you always wait for the phone that's coming out you'll never have a phone...
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    04-15-11 03:58 PM
    Never understood the OMG gotta have 4G. I get 6-8MBPS down on 4G, and honestly, who cares? If I have to wait 6 seconds longer to load the same page, BFD. I've yet to stay in hotel where I couldnt use wifi and needed to tether. I really dont get it. Its just not that big a deal, and its more an e-peen thing to say to someone, hey, look at my speedtest!!!! Its OMFGBBQ. In the most literal sense, its an insignificant upgrade to most 3G as in it literally saves a few seconds of time. If you are important enough to need to download something 5 or 6 seconds faster then you probably make enough money to get a high speed internet connection at home. Again, its e-peen, and marketing making people think they can't live without something that they've been doing just fine on for years.

I bought the EVO not for 4G, but for the phone, I never use it, its just not that big a deal.
    05-15-11 11:18 PM
    LTE, not wimax. I could care less about wimax. Id be going from LTE to 3g.

05-26-11 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD