I went ahead and got a xoom just over a week ago. The flash is ok, but what gets me is the crashing. Gmail crashed the first time I touched it, and it was the first thing I ran. I was running last night 30 minutes surfing, then I wanted to come here: crash. I have had many sites randomly crash the browser and Gmail crash. I also notice my battery is running down fast, and I have flash "on demand" so it doesn't load all the time. THANKFULLY I got it at costco, 90 day unconditional money back guarantee. I think I will switching, anybody else like me?
    04-11-11 02:18 PM
    I had a Xoom for a day and then sold it (I only bought it because I took advantage of that $200 off coupon Motorola accidentally offered). I had a lot of the same problems that other people have experienced: random crashed, browser slowdowns, and lack of apps. I feel like the PlayBook will be an overall better device. I was also looking for a smaller tablet that would be easier to bring along with me to school.
    Last edited by Scout_313; 04-11-11 at 02:52 PM.
    04-11-11 02:49 PM
    Question is how many iPad owners will want to shift?
    04-11-11 02:54 PM
    My wife has a gen 1 ipad, I won't own one. Nice device, limited.
    04-11-11 03:15 PM
    renting the xoom from bestbuy until the playbook comes out
    and my wife has the ipad 2

i'm not that a big fan of the xoom....
    what i don't like
    - power button is on the back of the device..so if your xoom goes into sleep and you have it sitting on a table..the only way to turn it back on is to lift up the device to touch the power button
    - the speakers on the back is a bad placement ...it should be either on the side or front of the device
    - while typing in portrait mode in the browser..i notice the keyboard starts lagging =X
    - screen doesn't compare to the ipad...viewing angles are horrible and colours seem washed out

some other things bug me..but those are the main issues
    04-11-11 03:21 PM
    Question is how many iPad owners will want to shift?
    I guess if you want portable and flash.
    04-11-11 03:21 PM
    Also with dual speakers, they are on the back I have to keep it cranked up. Today I watched like 10% batter y drain in under an hour, I don't know why. My wife is seeing it crash on me and such. Probably just take it back in a few days and get a playbook day one.
    Last edited by sandmanfvr; 04-11-11 at 04:57 PM.
    04-11-11 03:23 PM
    I guess if you want portable and flash.
    Ahh..but iPad owners don't want portability or flash...cos if they needed it then Steve Jobs would have given it to them ..right?
    04-11-11 04:27 PM
    Shhhh, don't make Steve mad.
    04-11-11 04:58 PM
    Ahh..but iPad owners don't want portability or flash...cos if they needed it then Steve Jobs would have given it to them ..right?
    shhhh it's all part of the magic that comes with it
    04-11-11 05:04 PM
    I returned mine after 13 days of ownership. I loved the thing when i tested the demo, but never got to test the browser because staples wifi sucks. After a few days i was still this is cool, but eventually it was "COME ON YOU STUPID POS LOAD!!!!!!!!" I brought it back used that money to buy a new laptop (toshiba!!!!!!). I'll use the rest of my tax refund to buy a 64gb playbook after the un-boxing and reviews roll in.
    04-11-11 05:29 PM
    I like the device, but the battery drain and buggyness are getting to me and I feel that "damn it, wrong device". But I got time to take it back.
    04-11-11 06:05 PM
    You know if apple ever does get flash they will pretend that they invented it
    04-11-11 06:25 PM
    I feel like most Android devices are great concepts but all of the devices I've owned in the past (Droid, Incredible, Droid X, and Droid Pro) have made me feel as though Android OS is not a finished product. There are certain functions such as managing your installed applications in the settings menu that always lagged regardless of the device and the fact that apps were forced to close seemingly at random. I also experienced horrible battery life with the Incredible and Droid Pro (despite the MUCH smaller screen). I will most likely pick up a PlayBook on day one and if RIM releases a phone later this year, they may even convince me to drop my iPhone (it's the best fit for me as a non-professional user).
    04-11-11 06:29 PM
    iPad owners(and Apple fans in general) want what Steve Jobs tells them they want.
    04-11-11 06:32 PM
    You know if apple ever does get flash they will pretend that they invented it
    All according to the "Book of Jobs" Seriously how arrogant do you need to be for that title!

“iSteve: The Book of Jobs” official biography due 2012 - SlashGear
    04-11-11 06:33 PM
    how bad is the battery drain? i mean i have seen over 20 hours use before. 12 standard with almost continual use with web browser and angry birds or something.
    04-11-11 06:36 PM
    For me I can play around for 30 minutes and lose like 6 or 8%. I don't know if my unit is messed up but my wife's ipad last longer.
    04-11-11 06:37 PM
    yeah sounds like a bad unit to me, that is pretty bad expecially paired with the other issues i havent seen to many people run into
    04-11-11 06:40 PM
    Sometimes I can pick it up and check a couple things and see if drop like 2%. And after I ran it out till it shutdown, I fully charged it, unplugged it and booted up. Then after just a little bit I was already at 90%.
    04-11-11 06:43 PM
    I went ahead and got a xoom just over a week ago. The flash is ok, but what gets me is the crashing. Gmail crashed the first time I touched it, and it was the first thing I ran. I was running last night 30 minutes surfing, then I wanted to come here: crash. I have had many sites randomly crash the browser and Gmail crash. I also notice my battery is running down fast, and I have flash "on demand" so it doesn't load all the time. THANKFULLY I got it at costco, 90 day unconditional money back guarantee. I think I will switching, anybody else like me?
    make sure you buy your PB at costco.
    04-11-11 06:47 PM
    Costco not selling it right now, from the website search or I would, definitely. Bestbuy is 30 days and I would take a bad playbook back really fast.
    04-11-11 06:52 PM
    i don't have bad battery drain on my device..
    i'd say it's on par with my wife's ipad 2
    04-11-11 07:03 PM
    I have no desire to touch the Xoom in front of me. Laggy, crashes, and the screen is incredibly mediocre (washed out). When I had the iPad 2 I'd come home to it every day and enjoy using it every day.

The Playbook I've already fallen in love with before I had my hands on one. After I did get my hands on one I knew it was the one.

The iPad's like my wife, the Playbook my mistress, and the Xoom a cheap lay from the bar.
    04-11-11 07:11 PM
    I have no desire to touch the Xoom in front of me. Laggy, crashes, and the screen is incredibly mediocre (washed out). When I had the iPad 2 I'd come home to it every day and enjoy using it every day.

The Playbook I've already fallen in love with before I had my hands on one. After I did get my hands on one I knew it was the one.

The iPad's like my wife, the Playbook my mistress, and the Xoom a cheap lay from the bar.
    Nice, that about explains it.
    04-11-11 07:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD