Heads up.

BlackBerry Traffic v2.0.0.1749 will be formally released through BlackBerry App World today (Monday, April 11) at approximately 12:00 PM EST. This is the same version of software that is currently available in BlackBerry Beta Zone.
    04-11-11 10:28 AM
    No upgrade on App World here either...
    04-11-11 08:55 PM
    I beta tested this. I was really impressed, we used it all day saturday and sunday while driving between multiple towns and it never lost us. The interface is easy to read and it updates instantly. I deleted google maps after using this for 2 days. Its a very good app.
    04-11-11 08:59 PM
    I gonna wait for the notification.
    I hate to keep having to check and wasting my time.
    I find the current version pretty accurate but always looking for more.
    Good Luck
    04-11-11 09:35 PM
    Anyone ota link?
    04-13-11 12:45 PM
    Wish it had lane notification and made a sound near exits.

I beta tested this. I was really impressed, we used it all day saturday and sunday while driving between multiple towns and it never lost us. The interface is easy to read and it updates instantly. I deleted google maps after using this for 2 days. Its a very good app.
    04-13-11 04:07 PM
    Wish it had lane notification and made a sound near exits.
    I included the suggestions for lane notification and voice turn by turn in the survey I filled out. Hopefully the next version will have both.
    04-13-11 04:17 PM
    Its traffic data seems very very accurate. If it had some audible prompt...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 04:24 PM
    If an app like GPSLogger can integrate with BB Maps why can't Traffic give us an option to follow our route on BB Maps. I like Traffic a lot, the latest version is nice, but this is a sore spot for me.
    04-18-11 10:00 PM
    For some reason this version of traffic has been acting very goofy on my 9700. the previous beta was great, but once I updated to this I constantly get hung on "connecting to server" when searching for directions, and adding new locations seems to be buggy. am I the only one?
    04-21-11 07:23 PM
    I like this app. When Traffic came out the immediate reaction was to make fun of a text-based UI for a navigating app. But, given the screen size, it makes more sense than trying to follow a map with tiny text on it.

The large text, high-contrast colors and basic shapes didn't look sleek to posters, but they are visible in the driver's peripheral vision and under direct sunlight. The routing is quite accurate and the UI tries to minimize unnecessary steps so the driver can concentrate on driving. There is a clever option to choose the route automatically: if I'm at Work, it will choose Home and vice versa. Most likely actions are ready for a tap on the trackpad. It's clear that lots of thought has gone into the design.
    grover5 likes this.
    05-02-11 03:24 AM
    I like this app. When Traffic came out the immediate reaction was to make fun of a text-based UI for a navigating app. But, given the screen size, it makes more sense than trying to follow a map with tiny text on it.

The large text, high-contrast colors and basic shapes didn't look sleek to posters, but they are visible in the driver's peripheral vision and under direct sunlight. The routing is quite accurate and the UI tries to minimize unnecessary steps so the driver can concentrate on driving. There is a clever option to choose the route automatically: if I'm at Work, it will choose Home and vice versa. Most likely actions are ready for a tap on the trackpad. It's clear that lots of thought has gone into the design.
    Oh really? Well in a world where we are encouraged to not be looking at our smartphones while we're driving creating a realtime navigation app without any audio problems seems like a huge gap in design.
    vectrac19 likes this.
    05-02-11 08:11 AM
    I can't use this while driving.
    I will look at it before I start my trip.
    or while my wife is driving.
    Good Luck
    05-02-11 07:44 PM
    Storm 9550 user. Is there a way to change the starting point? Regardless of where I am the directions to my destination always start from my home address.
    05-19-11 04:35 PM

I couldn't agree more. This and the travel app are my two favorite apps right now. RIM is making some very good offerings in my opinion.
    05-19-11 04:40 PM
    Hopefully it will come to Australia - it sounds awesome!!
    05-19-11 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD