When I try to open my DM I now receive the following message-
    "Rim handheld communications manager has stopped working"
    "Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    NOTE-Windows does not notify me of any solution.
    I have deleted DM and downloaded twice and still receive the same message.

IS THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP FROM ANYONE

I posted the above on 4/6 on the DM forum and 316 looked at my problem but NO ONE gave me any hints on how to resolve my problem?
    I have unstalled and installed the DM now three times. Still get error message.
    Any help out there?
    04-11-11 09:56 AM
    What version of windows are you using? Im currently using 6.1 with windows 7 pro and have 0 issues. Have you tried right clicking the Dm icon and run as admin?
    04-11-11 09:58 AM
    To:Saudadeii and Homer 1475
    Homer- I unistalled the previous version and installed version DM 6.1 from Blackberry. com website.

Saudadeii-I have Windows Vista Home premium
    Service Pack 2
    64 bit operating system.
    04-11-11 12:11 PM
    Have you tried right clicking the Dm icon and run as admin?
    Jerry: this is a good explanation to your problem, have you done this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 12:29 PM
    I should have mentioned I tried that. Same error message.
    Note-DM does appear by clicking on the DM icon, but as soon as it does open the error message appears, when I have my 9800 attached or not attached.

Should I download a older version than 6.0.1 to see if that will work?
    04-11-11 12:50 PM
    I should have mentioned I tried that. Same error message.
    Note-DM does appear by clicking on the DM icon, but as soon as it does open the error message appears, when I have my 9800 attached or not attached.

Should I download a older version than 6.0.1 to see if that will work?
    Just for kicks, uninstall DM and reboot. This time when you reinstall, right click and run as administrator. See if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 01:09 PM
    Same error appears when DM says connect to device.
    Does anyone know how to get ("Rim handheld communications has stopped working") working again?
    I have had no problem with DM with any of the devices I have owned until now??
    04-11-11 02:01 PM
    As a last resort, I uninstalled DM 6.0.1 and installed an old version of DM (5.0.1). Rebooted and clicked on the DM icon. DM appeared on screen and showed initializing and then the same error message appeared ("Rim handheld communications manager has stopped working"). I then rebooted and tried using right click to open using adminstrator and same error message.

I am now convinced it is a Windows problem and I know it is almost impossible to get any help from Windows personnel.
    And, I can say this is the first problem I have had that I did not get a suggested fix from Crackberry users.

And now all I can say is "I'm going to go eat worms". This senior citizen can't think of anything else to do.
    04-12-11 11:34 AM
    Sounds awfully familiar to my problem I posted earlier today. I'll monitor this thread as well for a solution because it's making me very sad.
    04-12-11 02:48 PM
    Good news- I noticed there was an update for Desktop Manager (Bundle43) version 6.0.2.42.
    I downloaded this version and I no longer have the error message. The only thing that was strange was it treated my 9800 like a new device but I was able to do a complete backup as I usually do.

Hope it works for you?
    04-18-11 10:40 AM
    i have a 9700.but i am getting same message .i had desktop manager 5 and it was working great.i stupidly updated to 6.1.while 6.1 did do what it should i had connection problems -it would not always recognize my phone.then my bbsak stopped connecting to my phone as well.i have tried uninstalling dm 6.1 twice and reinstalling dm 5 .but i keep getting this error -RIM handheld manager has stopped working.i thought it was my usb cable so i got a new oem one but same message.so i am now trying what worked for jerry5k i'll let you know if it worked.
    07-19-11 04:31 PM
    well it worked .i downloaded the dm 6.0.02 .i now have a working desktop manager.but i still can't get bbsak or bbboss to recognize my phone.they won't connect.
    07-19-11 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD