Epic Applications is about to announce one of the best and most addicting games ever to BlackBerry, and we are opening up a short beta period prior to release to gather your feedback!

Check out the current version (OS5.0+) at: https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_p...epicbeta&e=com

Please provide all your feedback in this thread.

Thanks,
    Derek Johnson
    Epic Applications
    04-11-11 01:24 AM
    Known Issues:
    - Focus on Replay Level list is not drawn
    - Hard to tell what alien is selected on Select Character screen

Things We Don't Plan to Fix:
    - Application size: ~6MB due to massive amount of characters and levels
    Last edited by EpicDraws; 04-11-11 at 02:55 AM.
    04-11-11 01:24 AM
    Reserving for future release details.
    04-11-11 01:25 AM
    Nice game, i think it should be stabilized for blackberry torch. i just have an error....

"This Copy of Human vs Aliens is not registered..."
    04-11-11 01:53 AM
    What do you mean about stabilized for the Torch?

That error is correct--we are only trying to gather feedback on the beginning levels for now.
    04-11-11 01:55 AM
    sometimes i have to open the torch to press space to continue playing
    04-11-11 02:09 AM
    sometimes i have to open the torch to press space to continue playing
    Thanks, that's actually a bug we just fixed.
    04-11-11 02:15 AM
    So far it's very impressive. Epic Apps has made some of the very best games in BlackBerry. It's nice to see you back. Running HvA on 9650/6.0.0.431. For a first build too. Some people will need to overlook the size as I'm sure you'll scale it down with updates. Thanks again for the open beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 02:18 AM
    Great... Nice game. Congrats. i follow you on twitter with @CrackBB I can help with beta testing any time.
    04-11-11 02:19 AM
    So far it's very impressive. Epic Apps has made some of the very best games in BlackBerry. It's nice to see you back. Running HvA on 9650/6.0.0.431. For a first build too. Some people will need to overlook the size as I'm sure you'll scale it down with updates. Thanks again for the open beta.

Thanks! How do you feel about the size? Given the sheer number of characters, animations and backgrounds, I wouldn't expect it to shrink much at all--in fact as more updates are released, it could get bigger to support even new characters! Do you see that being an issue?
    04-11-11 02:20 AM
    Cool, just DLed!

Whoa… almost 6MB!
    04-11-11 02:30 AM
    Downloading it. But wow! 5.7MB? Nvm. Gonna try it out anyway
    04-11-11 02:34 AM
    The game is very nice! The people that are worried about the memory might be mostly people that have the 9700 running OS 6.0. I have this device myself. The thing is that the 9700 doesn't have much memory left for apps after loading it with the new OS6.

One thing I saw was that when selecting aliens to see their details is that I couldn't really tell which one I was focused on unlike the soldiers that have the red square around them. And also the same thing in "replay level" I can't tell which level I am focused on in order to click on it I sort of have to guess which one I'm on.

If I have anything else I'll report back

04-11-11 02:47 AM
    Thanks, just used my #2 post as a list of known issues.
    04-11-11 02:56 AM
    Can't seem to hit close to close the game or close a menu.`
    04-11-11 09:12 AM
    Can't seem to hit close to close the game or close a menu.`
    Can you provide more details? The back key doesn't function on the game screen to prevent accidental exits. You can go to Menu > Back to Main Menu to exit. Is this happening elsewhere?
    04-11-11 12:08 PM
    Great game.I didn't see any bugs yet.I expect the final version to be more fluid.
    Good job so far

04-11-11 02:18 PM
    Great game.I didn't see any bugs yet.I expect the final version to be more fluid.
    Good job so far

Thanks! What does fluid mean?
    04-11-11 02:22 PM
    Screenshots please
    04-11-11 03:07 PM
    Sounds interesting..... Downloading now.
    04-11-11 06:05 PM
    Addictive as all he$$ .. lol. Very good work Epic. Once I figured out the controls -- all was good. Now I need more levels!!
    04-11-11 06:11 PM
    Addictive as all he$$ .. lol. Very good work Epic. Once I figured out the controls -- all was good. Now I need more levels!!
    Thanks! Do you have any suggestions for how we can improve the controls or make them easier to understand?
    04-11-11 09:23 PM
    Screenshots please
    I think you should download it and take some for everyone
    04-11-11 09:24 PM
    I would like the option to move the player not have it stuck in one spot. Also shoot a little faster. You have my gmail boss so we can talk there. I have mines on now on my berry.
    04-11-11 09:46 PM
    I would like the option to move the player not have it stuck in one spot. Also shoot a little faster. You have my gmail boss so we can talk there. I have mines on now on my berry.
    Thanks Taz! As for moving it around, you can use the wrecking ball to remove guys and get half your money back. As for shooting faster, just need to unlock more guys
    04-11-11 09:53 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD