I have successfully updated my Bold 9650 with each version of OS6 up to and including .524 using Desktop Mngr with no major problems. I have gone back to OS5 (.975) several times because I like column view. All of a sudden almost every time I use the browser when on OS6 I get the message "server not found". I may have to try to get on the web three or four times before it works. I don't have that problem with OS5. I've searched CB to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I couldn't find anything.
    Does anyone know what would cause this? Fortunately I like OS5! LOL. I would like to use OS6 as well though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 06:51 PM
    I actually got that message a couple times since updating to VZWs official OS6. A "DNS Server not Found type error". Really surprised me. I don't use the web much because it's so freaking slow on 6 for me. I'm talking worse than days of dial-up. Tho once recently, I was out running errands and checked something, and pages loaded & flew. So I know it's capable of much faster, it's just not happening. Anyway, I get a few other errors web-related with OS6, those had something to do with connection time out. (I'm usually good about following up on CB, finding a fix, but honestly, I'm tired of messing with it. So I avoid the browser unless it's necessary. )
    04-11-11 09:30 AM
    Are you on wifi or the cell network?
    04-11-11 09:34 AM
    On Wifi usually when I get the message. I don't use the browser other than at home with Wifi usually.

04-11-11 12:47 PM
    I have successfully updated my Bold 9650 with each version of OS6 up to and including .524 using Desktop Mngr with no major problems. I have gone back to OS5 (.975) several times because I like column view. All of a sudden almost every time I use the browser when on OS6 I get the message "server not found". I may have to try to get on the web three or four times before it works. I don't have that problem with OS5. I've searched CB to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I couldn't find anything.
    Does anyone know what would cause this? Fortunately I like OS5! LOL. I would like to use OS6 as well though.

--------------------------
    The same thing happened to me on going to OS6...except it ONLY happens on CNN's website (m.cnn.com). how bizzarre!!!! after a couple attempts it always loads the page. it happens on both Wifi and / or 3G.
    04-11-11 01:10 PM
    On Wifi usually when I get the message. I don't use the browser other than at home with Wifi usually.

That's the problem. I run into the same issue when I am on wifi. I just keep clicking until it goes thru...

MODS: any idea how to fix this?
    elphie28 likes this.
    04-11-11 03:04 PM
    For me it was network. I literally have never used the wifi on this BB.
    04-11-11 03:37 PM
    Maybe you could try putting custom DNS servers in?
    04-11-11 04:06 PM
    Thanks for your help everyone. I will just keep workin it till it works! LOL Since it only happens with OS6 I may just stay on OS5 for awhile longer.
    04-11-11 07:11 PM
    Have the same problem (and also generally despise OS 6 browser), mostly when I'm inputting passwords or usernames in dialogue boxes and then click on the corresponding enter button. Happens more often than not in that circumstance. I have somewhat better luck if I use the enter key after completing info in dialogue box than trying to click on button on web pages. Still, annoying. Almost as annoying as the absence of column view. About ready to give up on BB for iOS.
    04-13-11 01:25 PM
    This happens to me as well, but only on wifi. It never happened with os 5. It only happens rarely though, not enough to be a problem.
    04-19-11 10:51 PM
    Back on 5......975 and a truly happy BB user!
    04-20-11 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD