So i got data 5 days ago , its a 500MB plan with rogers (in canada there no unlimited plan) so dont say just get unlimited plus im a student and can't really afford anything more then 500mb.

Anyway i talked to the rogers customer service and they were telling me how 500mb is alot especially on a blackberry that compresses everything and i should be fine.

Today i get a txt saying im 80% of my data usage.. in 5 days thats 400MB!

Here are the apps i used

- Facebook App
    - BBM
    - LiveProfile
    - Navita Translator (used it once)
    - Google maps (used it once for like 5mins * i no this uses alot of data but 5mins really?)

and ive gone on the browser a couple times.. also ive watched 1 youtube video.

now my conclusion is that liveprofile used all my data.. because i have been signed into it the whole time.. since i got this txt i have signed out.

But does anyone know what it could be? how much data usage does live profile use? how much does facebook app use? i need ball parks to avoid going over!! nd to avoid doing this again :$

Thank You
    04-10-11 11:17 AM
    hmn, i'd also like to know the answer to that, because i intended to download liveprofile soon.. and there's no unlimited data plan for me either, when the dakota comes out i'll just get 5GB, but still.. if liveprofile uses a lot it would be quite bothersome, because after exceeding the 5GB.. i have to use GPRS, which really is a pain
    04-10-11 12:06 PM
    yup someone has to let me know if its liveprofile.. that used almost 400MB of my data. or was it google maps but for 5 minutes i really doubt it.. even facebook app i doubt it used that much in such a short period of time (5days)
    04-10-11 12:14 PM
    does your plan not include social networking? i just added 500mb to my plan as well, i been on facebook watched a youtube video at work surfed the web etc, i have not received any emails or txt about data usage
    04-10-11 12:19 PM
    Possibly pro-rated.
    04-10-11 12:52 PM
    Don't know if this helps, but a lot of these apps can be set to only run on wi fi. Check options oir settings of the program to see. I'm not familiar with liveprofile, but I must assume that's your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 03:13 PM
    try using "mobile data alerter" from e-office
    its a free app that shows you all you need to know about the data usage on your device also what apps running and doing the data usage
    04-10-11 03:19 PM
    +1 foe E-Office Mobile data alerter. Best there is and free. You can track in small time intervals to test app usage of data. e-office mobile - Mobile Data Alerter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 03:30 PM
    something must be wrong... i have the 500mb plan, i'm on my data constantly and i NEVER even get close to using 1/2 of it! you need to get that checked out my friend.
    04-10-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD