I should have done this a long time ago!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 03:09 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com NOBODYCARESTHO

04-10-11 03:59 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com NOBODYCARESTHO

Definitely got my vote for greatest contributor to a message board [/sarcasm]

Anyway glad you made the switch. It is light years ahead of any BB out. Enjoy!!!

04-10-11 06:30 AM
    I've had my iPhone for a little over a month, having moved from a BB 8520 (see http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/re-...otepad-582571/) and while I have, more or less, not regretted the move, there are elements of the iPhone that suggest that its still not a 'business-ready' device.
    Simple - but obvious - things really: like the inability to attach files to an email from within Mail and the lack of option to have a 'Today' screen - say on the Lock Screen - suggests that Apple still sees the iPhone as a content delivery device for the iTunes Store (music, video, games) and a phone / PIM device secondarily.

Pity, really - but I hope your iPhone works for you.
    04-10-11 07:36 AM
    I've had my iPhone for a little over a month, having moved from a BB 8520 (see http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/re-...otepad-582571/) and while I have, more or less, not regretted the move, there are elements of the iPhone that suggest that its still not a 'business-ready' device.
    Simple - but obvious - things really: like the inability to attach files to an email from within Mail and the lack of option to have a 'Today' screen - say on the Lock Screen - suggests that Apple still sees the iPhone as a content delivery device for the iTunes Store (music, video, games) and a phone / PIM device secondarily.

Pity, really - but I hope your iPhone works for you.
    A lot of these changes have been sent to Apple for the iOS5 release, but they are also available via a jailbreak if you absolutely need them. I hope Apple listens to us with iOS5 and puts in our suggestions. They can only improve upon what they already have.
    04-10-11 10:57 AM
    Congrats on the switch. I wasn't a big fan of the 9700, and the 9780 is the same device just refreshed with barely any improvements. The iPhone is a great device. I hope it treats you well.
    04-10-11 12:31 PM

I got rid of my BB Bold 9650 for the Verizon iPhone!
    04-11-11 02:46 PM
    And thank the phone gods I was able to sell the Bold.
    04-11-11 02:48 PM
    Wish I had the iphone right now. Holding out and hoping the bold touch or Monaco will actually be decent.
    04-11-11 06:21 PM
    I switched to iPhone too. I haven't even changed my current phone model yet in my signature.

The iPhone is a great device and I can't believe I was clinging on to the BB all that time. Every time I was due for an upgrade, I decided to give BB another chance. But one year I was fed up and switched.

Best decision.
    04-11-11 07:11 PM
    My only problem with the iPhone 4 right now, is the notification system. It's absolutely horrid. I've been a long time BB user (Pearl > Curve > Storm > Tour > Bold) and Android user (Droid > X > Fascinate) and also many many WinMo devices, and the iPhone by far has the worst notification system of any mobile OS, ever. For anyone that relies on calendar reminders a lot, it's not good. Also the lack of notification light only adds to it.

I'm hoping Apple completely revamps the notification system in iOS 5. If not the iPhone 4 will sadly be my last iPhone (iPhone > iPhone 4).
    04-12-11 09:50 AM
    I'm hoping Apple completely revamps the notification system in iOS 5. If not the iPhone 4 will sadly be my last iPhone (iPhone > iPhone 4).
    Yep, definitely a deal breaker for me.
    04-13-11 05:47 AM
    As someone who sends 2-3k texts a month (it's free for me), I agree that the iOS notification system is a deal breaker. That's the only thing though. Other than that, I think the iPhone is really great.
    04-13-11 06:19 AM
    I tried every bb since tre 8330. Loved all my berries till the torch came out. After that went to 9780. Didn't like os 6 on a non touch phone. Went back to my trusty 9700. Was happy till I realized that the best berry was released in November of 2009...... Thought that there has to be something better. Tried an iPhone 4 and haven't looked back. Even since then I got a captivate and atrix to see if I would like them better. Always came back to iPhone 4.

04-13-11 09:02 AM
    Since getting my iPhone 4 last August I no longer have phone envy. I had an Incredible and really did like it but android devices become dated so quickly. Although I love my iPhone more than any other platform I've used(BB, android) I'm sure I will get the iphone5. Glad iPhones hold their value, mine will still be a 10/10 when I sell it, I baby my gadgets!

04-14-11 08:15 PM
    They always come back......

04-14-11 08:22 PM
    I've used berries for a decade...still do.
    Up until (and including) the 3GS-- I considered the iPhone a toy and a joke as a phone. I'm now liking my ip4 more and more. The iphone4 I find is a work of art. I also like the fact that I can open 300 ip4 boxes and EVERY one will be the same-- solid as a rock. Opening up a bunch of BB boxes is like opening up a bunch of boxes of chocolate-- luck of the draw. That... the stubborn attitude showing more and more in the media and in public....and always showing up one step behind, is making rim look bad and apple look better and better. I do not like that Jobs character and I don't like that apple zombie attitude but the product is A1-- period. The one thing I liked best about BB was the push email. I'm now on an exchange server with the iPhone and it's equal or faster than push on my BB. Add a status light for notification to the ip5 and I'm never looking back.

Last edited by tedzone; 04-15-11 at 05:31 AM.
    04-15-11 05:28 AM
    I just love the fact people feel the need to come back onto a BBforum on their Iphone, just to post about their Iphone

I love with 2 iphone users (3G and 3GS) and i also have an IPAD but still wouldnt give up my 2 blackberry`s, my personal one and my works one.

They rock and when the Bold Touch 9900 I will be in the Queue to ge tone as well.
    04-15-11 05:56 AM
    They always come back......

I'd rather they just shoved this thread and their new phone up their Ahhh nevermind.
    04-15-11 06:26 AM
    Fixing notifications and having home screen on iPhone is very easy after jailbreak.
    Anyways, I moved from iPhone to BB as it fits better my needs.
    04-15-11 07:54 AM
    I got rid of my cat for a dog.
    04-15-11 07:55 AM
    The OP posted in the the iPhone section, not blackberry. It's freedom of speech and the OP didn't come on bashing blackberry, just expressing how they felt about the iPhone. Lighten up.
    04-16-11 11:10 AM
    The OP posted in the the iPhone section, not blackberry. It's freedom of speech and the OP didn't come on bashing blackberry, just expressing how they felt about the iPhone. Lighten up.
    Thank you. I used a Berry for years and I posted in the Berry section. now I have an i4 and I post in the iPhone section. If you Blackberry guys dont want to hear how inferior your device is to an iPhone, dont come in here. I dont go in the BB section and bash Berries.
    04-16-11 02:45 PM
    Well done. Like many here you have raised the collective intelligence of both phone communities by your move.

However, please do not feel the need to justify your actions since the rest of us do not really care that you feel, erroneously, that you were born interesting enough for the rest of us to pay attention to your bleatings.
    04-16-11 02:55 PM
    I don't understand. If people don't care about the thread, and you can clearly get what the OP was going to talk about right from the title, then why the **** are you guys here reading this?
    04-16-11 03:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD