I have a few questions here.
    First off, using a BB 9650 w/ Verizons latest os 6 on it.
    Just switched back from android (way too long of a story to get into, but im glad to be back).
    What I would like to do, is sync my calendar and contacts with google. I have 3 calendars in google that I want to sync and 4 others that would be nice to sync too (the 4 are other peoples that have been shared with me). I ran into an issue with google sync last night where it was giving me 4 copies of each event and putting them in my calendar, then it would copy a few contacts 6 or so times (only 2 or 3 contacts though). I decided to fix the contacts issue with using the BIS contact sync. However, the BIS calendar sync only seems to sync my personal calendar, not the other 2 and I'm not sure if that is possible with BIS.
    When I use google sync (well, used google synce, a bit frightened to try again until i get some help) all of the calendars were plopped into my personal calendar making it relatively confusing to differentiate between each calendar. Is there any way to sync each calendar with it's respective color so it isn't just a blob of red appointments? Also any ideas as to why so many copies of my calendars were made? I didn't have BIS calendar selected.

So far since getting the duplicates I have, deleted all the duplicate events, contacts, etc. Uninstalled google sync and did a bat pull

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    04-08-11 01:59 PM
    Any hints or tips? I haven't yet tried to sync without getting duplicates because I am just waiting to see if anyone knows if it is possible to sync the different calendars instead of piling them into one.
    04-08-11 07:58 PM
    I have got rid of the duplicate issue, at least I think so. (with the contacts) however, I tried to sync my calendar (none of the extra ones shared by other people) and nothing is showing up...any ideas?
    04-09-11 01:29 PM
    I am having the exact same issue and have had no luck. Google sync actually copied one of my contacts 100x. This seems like a relatively new problem as I have never had any issues with google sync with my Storm or curve 8330. Google sync was working perfectly for over a year and now it's a nightmare.
    04-10-11 03:16 PM
    Same problem with duplicating here. Love to hear a solution to that. He only duplication we get are on entries I put in that show up on my wife's calendar. Her bold is the culprit.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-10-11 07:52 PM
    Same problem with duplicating here. Love to hear a solution to that. He only duplication we get are on entries I put in that show up on my wife's calendar. Her bold is the culprit.
    04-10-11 07:53 PM
    Well I fixed my problem with google sync and it looks like Os 6 is the problem. Completely wiped the phone and downgraded to OS 5.0.975. Before I added google sync back to the phone I unchecked synchronize contacts and calendar in my GMail email setup. Next I installed google sync and viola! Everything is working beautifully again. I have to say, the Bold is much snappier with 5.0.975...didn't really notice until I switched back.
    04-10-11 08:30 PM
    Hmmm interesting. I will have to look into that. I do enjoy OS 6 though...

04-10-11 11:24 PM
    I have a question on this. I don't synch contacts at all, just calendar entries. But I want to keep my google calendar entries from my work entries.

Currently I add calendar entries to my phone using my @gmail.com account, but they don't show up in google. When I add entries in google, they show up on my phone but in my corporate calendar. Is there a way to keep this separate?

(I've created many duplicates this way on accident)
    04-25-11 10:22 AM
    THIS IS NOT just OS6 issue... I had the same Calender/Contact duplication issue with Google on both OS6 and OS5. The solution? Well, on OS6 (and I think it is on OS5 as well), you can go to the settings of the Contact and remove the check mark that reads "Allow duplicate entries" and then wipe ONLY the Contact and Calender entries using DM and then re sync with google.

It worked for me and the only problem I see now is that when I update a contact from Google, it won't properly update on my phone. For example 555-999-1234 the 555 is the area code... when I sync it to my phone, it comes back as 5559991234 and it is annoying. I stop using the contact sync all together.
    04-25-11 10:59 AM
    Just went through this as well. Many of my contacts were duplicated over 30 times. My calendar had multiples of the same entries. Again about 30 times. As I was trying to solve this, somehow all my contacts disappeared. I was lucky Google has a restore point option. Not really amused with this issue. It was really a bad experience.
    04-26-11 01:11 AM
    Just went through this as well. Many of my contacts were duplicated over 30 times. My calendar had multiples of the same entries. Again about 30 times. As I was trying to solve this, somehow all my contacts disappeared. I was lucky Google has a restore point option. Not really amused with this issue. It was really a bad experience.
    I dealing with the same issue. It's such a headache and its slowing down my phone.

Hope someone knows the easiest way to sync contacts and calendar with my gmail....
    05-06-11 01:01 PM
    Problem is once the device gets out of whack from what Google has, it keeps adding by one the contact that is out of sync, each time it syncs, thereby giving you ever increasing number duplicate contacts. The best way to get rid of it is to go into Google Contacts from your computer and click on the button to Merge Duplicate Contacts. At this point you could wait to see if everything syncs up right on your device, or you could delete all your contacts and do a manual sync of contacts with the Google Sync app (I only use it for this as OS6 does the sync with everything on its own).
    05-06-11 01:29 PM
    I've had this a couple of times. Deleting all contacts and calendar and letting things resync will solve this. Haven't had this issue in a while now, so this is working fine right now.
    05-06-11 03:50 PM
    I have a question on this. I don't synch contacts at all, just calendar entries. But I want to keep my google calendar entries from my work entries.

Currently I add calendar entries to my phone using my @gmail.com account, but they don't show up in google. When I add entries in google, they show up on my phone but in my corporate calendar. Is there a way to keep this separate?

(I've created many duplicates this way on accident)
    I have the exact same problem (torch, os 6).

I only sync calendar entries, not contacts. New calendar entries on the web will be synced to my phone. However, those entries are added to my Hotmail calendar, not the google calendar on the phone.

Any solutions?
    05-25-11 09:15 PM
    I've had this issue since my 8330 on OS 4.3
    05-25-11 11:53 PM
    Similar issue with my Tour running OS4.6, any calendar entry that is an all day event such as a birthday suddenly becomes a two day event after the calendar is Synced using Google Sync.

05-26-11 02:56 AM
    same issue here
    02-08-12 12:38 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.
    02-09-12 11:26 AM
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    03-15-12 01:44 PM

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    03-15-12 01:49 PM
    Calendar sync...possible solution

Please understand this may not be exactly what you're looking but:

Here's what I discovered, give it a shot. it's a working workaround, sorry it's not perfect, but you

don't have to deal with millions of duplicates when you attempt to sync your Google Sync with the BB

calendar app.

Do this:
    Sign in to your Google account using BB's web browser. Then access the Calendar feature from a WEB PAGE.

Do NOT use the BB Calendar application that's built into the memory. Google's mobile Calendar page will

show you an agenda and a Quick Add space where you can add new events to your calendar WITHOUT EVER USING

THE BB CALENDAR APP. It will sync to your Google calendar, and the only difference is, you bookmark in

your Web favorites to access your calendar app. With BB's push browser, you'll stay as synced as you

possibly can in real time, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO INPUT AN APPOINTMENT ONCE FOR IT TO STICK. And best of

all, NO DUPES!

Sorry if I am on the late freight, but hey, it took me a few weeks on my new BB 9360 Curve to get it to

work this way. Hope it helps!

One more thing...make sure you hide the BB calendar so you don't accidentally access it instead of the

web.

Update: I've using this procedure since I first posted on 4/10/12 with NO PROBLEMS...NONE!!!
    04-15-12 06:58 PM
    I input all data such as dates and contacts into my Blackberry.

In the past, I have had duplicates and deleted them from the blackberry and deleted all data from google calendar and contacts. I shut off wireless sync.

whats the best way to get the Blackberry info to sync into google apps and avoid duplicates?
    04-17-12 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD