I searched this thread for "cameraless" and "without camera" and got no hits. Has anyone heard whether this phone will be available without a camera?

I was thinking of taking advantage of RIM's "Trade Up" offer to move from a cameraless 9630 to a cameraless 9650 on Verizon to get more RAM and OS 6. Until I saw the roadmap that says the Bold Touch will be out later this year. Now I think I should hold off for OS 6.1 and better specs.

But if I can't get it w/o a camera, I can't bring it into my office (govt employee). In which case, I might want to jump on the 9650 upgrade while I can still get a new one instead of a refurb.
    04-08-11 01:21 PM
    I would bet there will be one without a camera for Verizon. The Tour and Bold 9650 both had the option and it certainly makes sense for them to do it.
    04-08-11 01:55 PM
    I searched this thread for "cameraless" and "without camera" and got no hits. Has anyone heard whether this phone will be available without a camera?

I was thinking of taking advantage of RIM's "Trade Up" offer to move from a cameraless 9630 to a cameraless 9650 on Verizon to get more RAM and OS 6. Until I saw the roadmap that says the Bold Touch will be out later this year. Now I think I should hold off for OS 6.1 and better specs.

But if I can't get it w/o a camera, I can't bring it into my office (govt employee). In which case, I might want to jump on the 9650 upgrade while I can still get a new one instead of a refurb.
    It's almost certain there will be a camerless Bold touch. Some of RIM's biggest clients are government and law workers. Many of them are not allowed to have cameras on their phones.
    04-08-11 02:13 PM
    It make sense. But for now nobody really know...
    04-08-11 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD