Finally managed to upgrade, thanks to help on these forums but i wondered what are the changes and new features from v6.0.0.295 to v6.0.0.526 ?

i have noticed the browser seems quicker and pressing r now in messages takes curser to reply box, but i wonder what else is improved?
    04-08-11 02:11 AM
    The picture gallery loading is definitely faster.
    04-08-11 04:01 AM
    I haven't found anything different with .526 compared to the .480.

The .526 is still new, so probably it will take some time for people to notice the improvements (or bugs). If you want the tried-and-tested OS, I'd say go for the .480. It's a very good OS.
    04-08-11 07:08 AM
    There's rarely anything 'new' in an OS update, they are only maintenance releases.

A few bug fixes here and there, most of which you will never even notice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 08:28 AM
    Someone was saying that the battery life is better.. I was gonna update today as im still on 448
    04-08-11 08:42 AM
    Someone was saying that the battery life is better.. I was gonna update today as im still on 448
    IMO it's no different from any other OS build

04-08-11 08:43 AM
    I got to agree with Phill and it is mostly imagination on the battery lasting longer.

This is even so after my battery "settled in", no difference!
    04-08-11 08:56 AM
    Just picked up a 9780 and I'm on .448. Would you guys say to stick with that, or go to .480 or .526? I haven't really noticed any problems yet with .448. Thanks.
    04-08-11 09:07 AM
    There's rarely anything 'new' in an OS update, they are only maintenance releases.

A few bug fixes here and there, most of which you will never even notice

Yeah but what bugs, i see the r to reply now works and browser and utube work better, but this is my 1st upgrade as only just worked out how to do it so i wonder what i may have missed from previous upgrades?
    04-08-11 05:37 PM
    IMO it's no different from any other OS build

In you opinion is there not "any difference from any other O.S. Builds" lol are you joking or you just lost yor plot mate??
    Since i put this cods on my berry..it dint need time to settle etc.. It just sat down bang! Like the battery wasnt getting used at all..if that is "not any difference from "any" other O.S."...well im prince charles from wales!

04-08-11 05:44 PM
    In you opinion is there not "any difference from any other O.S. Builds"
    That's correct... in my opinion!

I've used just about every OS build available for the 9780 in the 8 months I've had mine, from .131 to .526, and I haven't noticed any difference in battery life on any of them

04-08-11 06:00 PM
    this is even so after my battery "settled in", no difference!
    04-08-11 06:35 PM
    .480 to .526 there is nothing new (or so i found) but things are slightly faster, and yes I do notice a slight increase in battery life. We are talking very small increases though.
    04-08-11 11:53 PM
    My battery is just about gone by the evening anyway, its the first phone i have had that i have to charge daily.
    Although it is not an issue as i put it in a desktop charger over night.
    though with a smart phone that does so much and is always trying to connect to the internet it is i suppose to be expected, i think we need a new type of battery designing for all the intensive gadgets we posses today.
    04-09-11 02:55 AM
    My battery is just about gone by the evening anyway, its the first phone i have had that i have to charge daily.
    Although it is not an issue as i put it in a desktop charger over night.
    though with a smart phone that does so much and is always trying to connect to the internet it is i suppose to be expected, i think we need a new type of battery designing for all the intensive gadgets we posses today.
    Im surprised I can get easily more than a day out of my bold. My iPhone HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S I had to charge once a day.
    04-09-11 03:51 AM

Battery is definitely better in .480 and afterwards.

What's the matter with people saying it is the same throughout all OS's. Not true at all. The battery life as improved from .480
    04-09-11 11:03 AM
    What's the matter with people saying it is the same throughout all OS's.
    It's called personal opinion... something to which we are all entitled

04-09-11 11:22 AM
    It's called personal opinion... something to which we are all entitled

Indeed we are and I have no objection to that. But seriously .480 battery life was majorly improved. Unless you started using your BB less lol
    04-11-11 12:03 PM
    I agree with Phil, there's very little difference in each release, the only one 1 noticed was the sms bug getting fixed.

With each leak/release someones saying it's snappier, if so should the phone be fully loaded the second we turn it on???

you can settle a battery on the first few charge cycles from new, any thing other than that, then the person telling you is chatting from the wrong hole.
    04-11-11 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD