I currently have AT&T for my provider. I've never had a BB before, and I really want to try one out.

I have a chance to get either an AT&T branded 9700, or a T-Mo 9700 and AT&T Curve 8520. Now here's the problem: I have an android Nexus 1 that I can trade for the T-Mo 9700 and the Curve, but I'll have to shell out cash (about $250) for the AT&T model. I think that I'd rather have the 3G on the Bold, but the 2 for 1 for "free" (even with the Bold being stuck on EDGE) is tempting.

So tell me: is the option of using the Curve worth giving up the 3G features of the Bold? I'm kind of desperate, I have to make this deal tomorrow. I appreciate the help!
    04-07-11 08:11 PM
    You could do that but it is slow on edge. You can't just sell the nexus after you get the att one?
    04-07-11 08:40 PM
    I've been trying to sell the Nexus for a while now, and nothing's come of it. I managed to talk him down to $200, which I think is a fair price for a 9700. Of course, being a non-BB user, it's hard to judge, but it sounds reasonable. After all, the N1 isn't that much newer and still goes for 200-250.
    04-07-11 08:46 PM
    If you're web use will either be limited or mostly in a WiFi area then don't hesitate to make the trade. If you're planing on using the browser a lot doing so on a T-Mobile version will be slower unless you're in an area that has WiFi connection and it will become quite cumbersome in time.
    04-07-11 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD