I'm currently using 6.0.0.431 and whenever I type someone's name on the home second, the second letter never shows up. Is it because I type too fast or is it because this OS is slow? What's the fastest OS for a 9650 (Verizon)?
    04-06-11 04:25 PM
    Are you saying that the first letter shows up, but not the second one??
    04-06-11 04:44 PM
    Yes, for example, if I want to type in "Kevin" when I'm on the home screen at the rate at which I normally type, only "Kvin" shows up.
    04-06-11 04:51 PM
    You type too fast lol.
    436 is the best official, 524 is a little better imo (except battery life, it's a little worse. Not much tho). You can get 524 leak from the leaked OS section. 436 can be downloaded from Alltel.
    04-06-11 07:38 PM
    to the OP - you might be able to fix this by adjusting the key rate in keyboard options
    04-06-11 08:35 PM
    Keyrate is at fastest. Whenever I type in a text or email, all the keys register just fine, but when I'm typing from the home screen the second letter never shows up...
    04-07-11 01:16 AM
    I don't think there's something wrong with your OS.. as you just missed e letter and rest of letters were fine. Have you tried a battery reset? Sometimes machines react lazy just because they need a break so why don't give your battery a break.
    04-07-11 01:30 AM
    This happens to me too. It's been this way with every single version of OS 6 that's been released, I've tried all the leaks and a few hybrids, and the issue persists.

I believe it's a theme issue. Are you using a 3rd party theme? This doesn't happen to me when using the stock theme.

Also, this isn't only some of the time for me, this happens every single time unless I wait a second or so after hitting the first letter and letting Universal Search fully open up. I can type pretty fast, but like the OP, everything works perfect elsewhere on the phone, so that's not the problem.

There's a couple ways around it, but none that fix it:

1. Use the stock theme (boring)
    2. Pick a theme that uses or doesn't mess with the shortcuts. You can change Launch by Typing to Application Shortcuts in the Home Screen options. That way typing "S" or whatever the theme developer used for Search will launch US. (Shortcuts are fun, but US is better. This takes getting use to too)
    3. Slow down after typing the first letter. (Shouldn't need to, but it's what I do)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 03:44 AM
    I'd be fine with the stock theme if it didn't have the tabs above the bottom bar with "Favorites," "Recently Opened," etc. There are just too many buttons. I'm currently using this theme:
    Black and White Collection v3.0 (Added All OS 6 devices) - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store)

I guess slowing down is my best bet.
    04-07-11 06:49 AM
    This happens to me too. It's been this way with every single version of OS 6 that's been released, I've tried all the leaks and a few hybrids, and the issue persists.
    Same issue for me as well. And I've noticed that if a number is NOT in my contact list, the FIRST number won't show up, unless I hit the green phone button first.
    04-07-11 07:54 AM
    Same issue for me as well. And I've noticed that if a number is NOT in my contact list, the FIRST number won't show up, unless I hit the green phone button first.
    Haha this happens to me too. I forgot about it because I have resorted to always pressing the Send button when dialing a number. So strange though, that when typing something it skips the secong letter, but dialing a number it skips the first one. I would love for someone to try and explain that one...

Here's me trying to dial a 911

OP, do you have this issue too, or is it just the second letter issue?

Last edited by ridesno159; 04-07-11 at 09:36 AM.
    04-07-11 08:56 AM
    I don't think it shows the "1" Before any number

04-07-11 09:14 AM
    I don't think it shows the "1" Before any number

If I dial it then it most certainly should. I took a new screenshot and edited my post above though.

04-07-11 09:38 AM
    I turned off most of the things it searches for. I think it helps some too.
    04-07-11 07:56 PM
    I turned off most of the things it searches for. I think it helps some too.
    HOw do you do that?
    04-08-11 10:59 AM
    HOw do you do that?
    Search Options

i have everything enabled, and all the letters/numbers type out. I'm running 524 with no themes.
    04-08-11 11:02 AM
    Just turned off everything but contacts... second letter still doesn't come up.
    04-08-11 11:36 AM
    You type too fast lol.
    436 is the best official, 524 is a little better imo (except battery life, it's a little worse. Not much tho). You can get 524 leak from the leaked OS section. 436 can be downloaded from Alltel.
    Thanks for the info!
    04-08-11 12:36 PM
    Oh, you meant for Universal Search.
    Just like any app, it takes US a second to load up. You'll probably just have to give it that second before you type the second letter.
    I turned on application shortcuts rather than US from homescreen, so I have to push s and then wait a second anyway.
    04-08-11 03:27 PM
    'm using 524 and it's the best os by far that i've used. when i dial a number the first number never shows up but if i delete all the letters it types just fine. i think it just takes one keystroke to get into the program. i'm using universal search and the newberry theme.
    04-08-11 05:50 PM
    524 has been the fastest os for me yet.

04-08-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD