So I saw that Sprint had lower cost data plans with more features and when they offered a big cash back rebate, I decided to jump ship. I also had it in my head that Verizon would offer me an early upgrade to stay, but they didn't.

It turns out Sprint has crappy service where I work, so since its been under 30 days I want to return my Sprint phone and go crawling back to VZW.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips on what I should do? Also will I be able to start a new two year contract and get a new device?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MyThai; 04-06-11 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Several typos
    04-06-11 10:57 AM
    So I saw that Sprint had lower cost data plans with more features and when they offered a big cash back rebate, I decided to jump ship. I also had it in my head that Verizon would offer me an early upgrade to stay, but they didn't.

It turns out Sprint has crappy service where I work, so since its been under 30 days I want to return my Sprint phone and go crawling back to VZW.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips on what I should do? Also will I be able to start a new two year contract and get a new device?

Thanks!
    You can port your number back in over the phone or in store. You will go back to your old contract and the ETF will be waived. You can pick to have a new number and be a new customer, but the ETF will stand and you don't keep your old number.
    04-06-11 03:37 PM
    Yes, I have done this (even from Sprint). It's also known as a WINBACK. Just port your number back to Verizon and you will resume right where you left off. If you need a new phone, you'll have to sign up as a new customer (credit check, deposit if nessecary, etc). If you go that route (for example, you sold your Verizon phone to cover the ETF), than you'll still be responsible for paying for the ETF. And you won't be able to keep your old number as iBanez mentioned above.
    04-06-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD