I'm looking to get a blackberry again. Its been a while since my last one (Curve 8310) and I'm curious if I can use both a blackberry and iPhone on the same contract on AT&T. I don't mean be able to use them at the same exact time. But is it possible to swap SIM cards in the morning so I can use one phone one day and use the other the next?
    04-05-11 11:19 PM
    Depends on the iPhone. The 4 takes the micro SIM, while the BB will take the regular SIM. You can get an adapter, but I had massive issues with one, and it ended up ruining my backup phone. You will need to switch the data back and forth on your plan, as the BB plan is on it's own, while the iPhone plan can be used with other smartphones.
    04-05-11 11:56 PM
    Depends on the iPhone. The 4 takes the micro SIM, while the BB will take the regular SIM. You can get an adapter, but I had massive issues with one, and it ended up ruining my backup phone. You will need to switch the data back and forth on your plan, as the BB plan is on it's own, while the iPhone plan can be used with other smartphones.
    I swap between my torch, and a 3gs. I don't switch my data plan at all, I just use my bb data plan. Blackberries require blackberry specific data plans, different from other smart phones, but I have had no issues using mt iphone with a bb data plan..

In short, your best bet is to get the microsim adapter, and register that sim to a bb specific data plan. Hopefully your swaps will be as effortless as mine..

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 12:06 AM
    I have a 9700 and a Nexus One on AT&T. Switch sims all the time. As stated above, the iphone 4 uses a micro sim now.
    04-06-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD