When I saw the BB (Bold) it was love on first sight
    I said you 'll be mine

But now I can see what it takes to run a BB

There are so many settings that want to be done
    That I think that I have to excamine.

Don't get me wrong but all in self doing is not easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ray germany; 04-05-11 at 05:45 PM.
    04-04-11 11:36 PM
    Man is reading your posts hard!

Anyway, if I'm decoding this right I think you're talking about how much is involved in personalizing all of the many settings available on your BlackBerry. If such is the case I completely agree, and at first I found it unnecessary and overwhelming, but after finally getting of the settings the way I wanted I never had to mess with another thing. It's like a fine tuning or micro-management that only needs be done once and you're set... like breaking in a new pair of shoes or girlfriend. I still remember the first time I farted in bed with my most recent acquisition. It was kind of awkward and I tried blaming her, but once the initial "shock" was over everything just seems a natural part of the package. ;D
    04-05-11 12:37 AM
    Now that I've cleaned this up....

Ray, it appears English is not your first language. Beyond's advice is right, take your time. It would help if you were more specific with where you're having trouble. I'd also recommend you spend some time reading here.
    04-05-11 02:47 PM
    It seems that it is possible to talk **** in this forum when ya nick ain�t
    ray Germany

man he talks about farts in bed an stuff like that
    is this the right place ????????????????? for bedfarters storys??
    04-05-11 03:08 PM
    ray Germany

Relax there Raymondo, it was a joke that perhaps wasn't compatible with your taste, but one nonetheless. I was trying to lighten the mood and keep things jocular and fun, using a very apt comparison that any humble man should be able to connect with. Don't act like your ish don't stink Ray-Ray, it's a part of being a disgusting male.

Besides you missed the bulk of the reply, which was sound and helpful advice. You really shouldn't focus on the negative m'man, it's not good for the soul.
    04-05-11 03:14 PM
    Relax there Raymondo, it was a joke that perhaps wasn't compatible with your taste, but one nonetheless. I was trying to lighten the mood and keep things jocular and fun, using a very apt comparison that any humble man should be able to connect with. Don't act like your ish don't stink Ray-Ray, it's a part of being a disgusting male.

Besides you missed the bulk of the reply, which was sound and helpful advice. You really shouldn't focus on the negative m'man, it's not good for the soul.
    @beyondbedfarterslimits
    It�s not my problem that you r a bedfarter maybe you should stop eating
    pig / pork or so

she�s really in bedfarters??
    Last edited by ray germany; 04-05-11 at 03:32 PM.
    04-05-11 03:30 PM
    ray Germany

Ray, the Wulf is right, you do need to read a bit more in here. I read your 1st post in this thread and apart from understanding that you are having some problems with configuration setting, I was unable to determine just waht the problem is or was.

We are all here to help and exchange knowledge and if you need specific advice, please post a single specific question to start with and let's work from there.

As to farting in bed, we all do it .

btw: you are right, there are lots of litttle settings and options BUT if you don't touch any of them you BlackBerry will still work just fine.
    04-05-11 03:31 PM
    That's about enough Ray. Did you come here for help, or to harrass?

04-05-11 03:38 PM
    Ray, the Wulf is right, you do need to read a bit more in here. I read your 1st post in this tread and apart from understanding that you are having some problems with configuration setting, I was unable to determine just waht the problem is or was.

We are all here to help and exchange knowledge and if you need specific advice, please post a single specific question to start with and let's work from there.

As to farting in bed, we all do it .

btw: you are right, there are lots of litttle settings and options BUT if you don't touch any of them you BlackBerry will still work just fine.
    @Pete6, my mail server stopped delivering my e-mails on my 9700,
    I tried some change of settings and now it works fine again [B]
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-05-11 at 04:25 PM. Reason: gratuitous crap
    04-05-11 03:39 PM
    @ bbw

it�s obvious that I�m here for help,

but I�m harrassed by beyondthef...
    04-05-11 04:10 PM
    You may not like his sense of humor Ray, but Beyond did not harrass you. If you think he is, report the post. Simple as that.
    04-05-11 04:27 PM
    Ray, what exactly is it you need help with?
    04-05-11 05:18 PM
    Ray, what exactly is it you need help with?
    didn�t you read??

with the settings...bro didn�t you read f.e. the thread about leaked OS6 or spying apps.??
    something wrong with my orthography or spelling ..(your note about appearing of my first language)

pfffffffffffffffffffffffft
    Last edited by ray germany; 04-05-11 at 05:49 PM.
    04-05-11 05:42 PM
    didn�t you read??

with the settings...bro didn�t you read f.e. the thread about leaked OS6 or spying apps.??
    something wrong with my orthography or spelling ..(your note about appearing of my first language)

Ray, I read your first post, and would suggest you reread post #3, where I asked you to be specific. Which OS6 leak are you speaking of. I can't very well read every post, on every page.

Spying apps? Again you've lost me. What does either have to do with settings?

There must be well over a 100 settings we could cover. I can't possibly just start going over alll of them. I'd really like to help, but again, get specific.
    04-05-11 06:01 PM
    didn�t you read??

I give up on this thread.

I am tired of incomplete sentences, cryptic remarks, bad punctuation and references to other threads without links. I'm going to bed.
    cupkate_90 likes this.
    04-05-11 06:04 PM
    I agree with Wulf and Pete, everyone is here to help in their own way. Obviously there are a lot of members whose advice/help is needed and appreciated. Everytime I log-in to CB I learn something new and rely on CB as my "go to" for anything regarding my 9700. However,one of the first things I learned was to try to be specific when asking for help. The first post of this thread was obviously missing that and Beyond was trying to help in his own way. So Ray, hopefully you will continue to rely on CB for future assistance. There are a lot of BB sites like this one but only one CB.

04-05-11 06:21 PM
    Oh Ray, my delicate friend, let's put the past where she belongs and not dwell on the forgotten... wait, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, all of the detailed settings that our BlackBerries ask of us to maneuver through in order to operate the way we wish.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just tell it what we want and have it use some AI interface that's intuative and auto sets everything to a less specific specification? Yes, 'twould be the day indeed.

Alas, 'tis the day of autonomy and manual micro-management. So we must set each and every applicable option as desired, one by ever-lovin' one. However, once set, there is no "open to interpretation" or necessary adjustment, unless should our operational desires change.

So, in conclusion, my suggestion is to find some time to sit down and go into your options. Then systematically & un by un, go through each category and sub category and alter each setting to your likes. Then battery pull and watch 'er please you to no end from there on out!
    04-05-11 06:47 PM
    Ray, I read your first post, and would suggest you reread post #3, where I asked you to be specific. Which OS6 leak are you speaking of. I can't very well read every post, on every page.

Spying apps? Again you've lost me. What does either have to do with settings?

There must be well over a 100 settings we could cover. I can't possibly just start going over alll of them. I'd really like to help, but again, get specific.
    dear Wulf, I�m paranoid about safety of my data, so that I have a problem

I said it once a PC is like a house you buy it and then youhave to manage the doors the windows and all where a intruder can try to enter the home...
    04-05-11 06:59 PM
    Your biggest threat to your data is yourself, as I have said in response to a similar thread you posted a while back. Your BlackBerry (and PC) , and any data you may have on it, is safe as long as you download apps from trusted developers, don't give permission to anything that doesn't need it, and stay away from the shady parts of the web. Follow those suggestions and you will be just fine.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-06-11 12:38 AM
    Ray, I've got to tell you. You're much harder to follow than a herd of cats.

You are using the most secure platform known. Want more security, enroll in a BES plan, and have someone limit your ability to hurt yourself. There's not much to this. Just like on your PC, be smart about what you do, and you'll be fine.

:::: goes off to Pete's cave, with a fresh supply of beer ::::
    04-06-11 07:49 AM
    Welcome to the cave Wulf. Please pass me a can.

Ray, You BlackBerry is very secure provided you take some siple precautions.

1). you put a strong password on the phone.
    2). you do regular, encrypted Backups using Desktop Manager.
    3). you NEVER allow anyone else to even hold your phone.

Why point number 3? Here is a copy of a post that I wrote yesterday.

It is quite easy spy on a BlackBerry BUT you need at least one access to the BlackBerry upon which you wish to spy to install the software.

Blackberry Spyware | Spy BlackBerry Phone | BlackBerry Spyware Apps Costs $100 and will do the job.

As has already been said, SIM card cloning is equally easy to do if you know the right people.

That said, the BlackBerry is a highly secure device and if you NEVER let anyone else handle your phone AND you keepit passworded, AND you do a wipe and a clean OS install, AND then only install known and trusted apps you should be safe from installed spyware.

If you suspect a cloned SIM card being used then you should contact you carrier.
    andyahs likes this.
    04-06-11 07:59 AM
    first thanks @ Pete6

I don�t expect a cloned SIM or smth like that
    it�s just the simple settings that have to be done

what is a Powerful Password & where to put

everything is easy to do if you know the right people

thats why I am alittle bit concernd about the safety

WLAN CRACK html injection, open ports
    sniffing blablabla
    04-06-11 05:35 PM
    The concept of a strong password is the same on the BlackBerry as on a PC. Here is an article from Microsoft that explains how to create a strong password.
    04-06-11 05:40 PM
    The concept of a strong password is the same on the BlackBerry as on a PC. Here is an article from Microsoft that explains how to create a strong password.
    ok I said it maybe in Wrong way...

I knoe what a strong password is but where does Pete6 meant it to put...

(letters, numbers in a combined way)
    04-06-11 06:26 PM
    ok I said it maybe in Wrong way...

I knoe what a strong password is but where does Pete6 meant it to put...

(letters, numbers in a combined way)
    It goes in Options, Security, Password.

Once you have done this, you must make regular phone backups to your PC.

If you put the password in wrong, 10 times then the device will wipe itself and erase all your data.

It does this because it thinks someone is trying to gain unauthorised access.

Attached is a Word document that I wrote back in the 1980s that describes a simple to use and secure password system. It is similar to the Microsfot one but may be simpler to read and, I give a handy table that you can populate yourself.
    04-07-11 05:30 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD