Hello crew,

Just curious if anyone has an ETA or an idea the latest and greatest firmware will come to Bell? I am runnin' .285 and slightly envious it has come to Rogers

Thanks.
    04-04-11 06:03 PM
    Just download one of the leaks. The best one right now is .480 and we're still waiting for people to see how well .526 holds up. I'm running .480 and battery life is better and depending on problems you're having, those probably have been fixed.
    04-04-11 06:22 PM
    Just download one of the leaks. The best one right now is .480 and we're still waiting for people to see how well .526 holds up. I'm running .480 and battery life is better and depending on problems you're having, those probably have been fixed.

Battery life is better? I seriously can't wait then, my battery already lasts a day and half with usage and two with minimal usage. Only issue I have is the texting issue and that I know is fixed with the update.

Anyway, at least I know my options and I'll have to make a decision from that standpoint. Thanks

But again, if anyone has news on an "official" carrier release that'd be good to know too. Thanks again.
    04-04-11 06:50 PM
    i agree, install a leak or an official from another carrier.
    .285 is ancient
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    click Telus and then select 9780 and they have .461

and this will help
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ial-and-leaked
    Last edited by Fubaz; 04-04-11 at 06:59 PM.
    ecarlin likes this.
    04-04-11 06:56 PM
    i agree, install a leak or an official from another carrier.
    .285 is ancient
    Agreed, carriers take forever and a day to release any kind of update. If it doesn't increase business, why do it. Ah wells!

Time to look at getting a leaked OS
    04-04-11 07:00 PM
    I know..Bell takes FORVER to release official OS updates.
    Oddly enough, I remember them releasing an update for the 9700 on Christmas day...like wtf, really? Of all days?
    04-05-11 12:09 AM
    Like others have said it doesn't matter whatsoever what carrier approves an official os/firmware u can install any version on any blackberry. So if bell/etc is slackin jus go download .480 that pccw made official and install that one. Its not a "leaked" os anymore its been made official by at least one carrier in the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 12:48 AM
    Based on my experience, in .285 I barely know anything yet about my 9780. I've only had it for more than a month now. But I have already updated twice, .448 is a bit sluggish. So far, .480 is working good for me. I still have to update to .526 though, and I heard it's better than .480.

I suggest you try the .480 or better yet, the .526.
    04-06-11 01:01 AM
    .526 is the way to go, very snappy, battery life is amazing, BBM 6 is working great.

I'm still running some test but I also find that my phone seems faster on the network!
    04-06-11 03:46 AM
    FYI I cannot use my GPS or Bell TV on .526
    04-07-11 03:17 AM
    .526 is the way to go, very snappy, battery life is amazing, BBM 6 is working great.

I'm still running some test but I also find that my phone seems faster on the network!
    Great, just to wait forever for Bell to officially release an update. And at that point, we'll be upgraded to .480 at the most

Ah well, I am not too anxious yet to update it, although BBM 6 looks well... not far from amazzzing
    04-07-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD