I know that nobody knows anything for sure at this point, but from what I'm reading, Verizon will be the initial "exclusive" carrier for the Thunder/Storm. I had a Treo 650 and really don't want to go back to a touchscreen device, I like a full physical QWERTY keyboard, which makes the Thunder/Storm unappealing to me.

My "new every 2" isn't up until June 2009 (I currently have the 8830), so I have about 10 months to go. Any ideas or insights as to what might be at Verizon by then? I've got my heart set on a Bold or Javelin (I use my BB for work and personal; I'm self-employed so my BB needs are kind of flexible)--- leaning a bit toward the Javelin but I'd be happy with either.

I guess I'm just looking for some opinions that might give me some hope. Verizon really has the best reception for this area so I don't want to change carriers.
    08-09-08 05:59 PM
    VZW will probably get the Bold, but I'm not sure about the Javelin. Other than net speed, the Javelin is a better device than the Bold. Maybe consider switching carriers.
    08-09-08 06:31 PM
    I just bought my Curve a few weeks ago, I'm sure the Bold and the Javelin will be hot, but I regret nothing!
    08-09-08 06:36 PM
    Really bb thunder need I say more?! I mean u doesn't want a touchscreen bb now we r talkin about the ultimate device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 06:21 PM
    Storm / Thunder looks sexyyy
    09-03-08 10:22 AM
    Have you checked to see if you are a Verizon VIP member? You can upgrade every year and get $50.00 off instead of $100.00. I am getting the Thunder when it comes out instead of waiting till March when I should get my new every 2.

"www.vzwshop.com/NEVIP/default.aspx"

that's the site for verizon vip. They sent me a card and details a couple months back stating I was a vip. If you had verizon for more than a year and a plan I believe of 79.99 or more a month, you should qualify.
    09-03-08 11:21 AM
    I have never used a touchscreen, but if it is as seamless as I see on the iPhone commercials (this is not meant to be a which is better post), then I am diggin' it
    09-03-08 08:57 PM
    I feel the same about the keypad. Still with verizon you could try the 9530 Storm out to see if the new touch screen is as good as the talk. You like verizon and so do I. THere is no other option where I live. The Bold will be down the road so maybe that will work for you, when verizon gets the bold it will work better. Also if you can upgrade to 4.5 do it, however 4.5.0.77requires you to install the ringtones.
    09-03-08 09:17 PM
    I also heard by my bb rep saying VZW was getting the thunder. Can't wait til it comes out, ill be upgrading from my 8830.

09-03-08 09:55 PM
    I think ima pass on getting a new BB at least for a year or 2. I am really feeling my curve right now.

09-04-08 05:45 PM
    Have you checked to see if you are a Verizon VIP member? You can upgrade every year and get $50.00 off instead of $100.00. I am getting the Thunder when it comes out instead of waiting till March when I should get my new every 2.

that's the site for verizon vip. They sent me a card and details a couple months back stating I was a vip. If you had verizon for more than a year and a plan I believe of 79.99 or more a month, you should qualify.
    That sounds good to me. My NE2 is 9-30-09. 10 months would be November. The Thunder/Storm is due out at the same time. For an extra $50, it may be worth it! Plus, I can sell my Pearl on Ebay!
    09-04-08 06:45 PM
    With all the problems I am hearing about with the Thunder I will pass. I had the Iphone with ATT and I was not a fan on the touchscreen when typing, for everything else it was great.

By the time I am due for an upgrade I hope we have the Bold. I want a touchscreen.
    09-10-08 05:49 PM
    When I look back at my original post from one month ago, I was definitely caught up in the unofficial Bold/Javelin/Thunder hype. I've reached my saturation point for all of it and I'm now back to being very happy with my Verizon BB 8830WE with after-market black housing and keyboard (from cnn).

When I'm eligible for my new-every-2 with Verizon, I might just stick with my 8830, especially if the 4.5 or higher OS is officially available for it through Verizon (I really miss and need Docs to Go, but I'm not comfortable playing with beta releases). My 8830 works, it looks good, I have it set-up the way I like it, and I have accessories for it. I just wish it had more internal memory.

The Thunder is out for me, I don't want to go back to touch screen---been there done that with Treo and I prefer the QWERTY keyboard. The Bold no longer really interests me, I'm not sure why. I would consider it if it's on Verizon when I'm ready and if it has significantly more internal memory than the 8830 (I think it's supposed to), but it's not a "must have" for me anymore.

Now if Verizon were to have the Javelin available, that would be a different story, but I'm not holding my breath for that any time soon.
    09-10-08 06:55 PM
    Just an FYI. I stopped in my local verizon corporate store adn talked to customer service about upgrading my phone b/c it sucks. They told that i would be able to upgrade after a year b/c i am in a high monthly plan and that i would be able to get a new Blackberry for the two year contract price without extending my contract. I dont know if its just because i have had so many problems with my current phone or if that is a policy. It never hurts to push a little to see what you can get out of them. I know on Dec. 12th i will be in there picking up a new blackberry. Too bad it looks like we will have to wit awhile for the Javelin b/c that is the phone i want. have a good weekend guys!

09-13-08 03:54 PM
    I think ima pass on getting a new BB at least for a year or 2. I am really feeling my curve right now.

While I think the Storm will be pretty chill, I love my Curve so I don't see myself upgrading/purchasing a new BB anytime soon.
    09-13-08 03:56 PM
    I dunno if you have stopped by my thread, but my Chocolate 2 got stolen and I had about a year and a half on it. I was planning to buy a BB after my 2 years anyway but now with my phone stolen, imma have to act a little bit early. I hope the guys at VZW aren't d1cks and allow me to get a Curve and not extend my contract but i dunno how the system works. I'm getting less and less excited about the storm and more stoked on the Curve (weird, eh? getting stoked on a model that's not even new!) and Javelin.

The Bold.....well is VZW even pegged to get that? I mean it would be nice to have but I'd take the Javelin over it (even though the Bold is gorgeous!).
    09-13-08 04:16 PM
    Having come from a Samsung i730 touch screen and pull out keyboard...the BB trackball is what I like most. That trackball allows me one handed operation more accurately/easily than a touch screen. Have the Curve and Keepin it! Maybe the Jav/Niagra down the road...it sorta looks like the obvious upgrade to the curve...IMHO! Peace-out
    09-13-08 04:37 PM
    Gotta get the Storm. It's rumored to have a better browser than any other blackberry, including the Bold. Also, more multimedia-centric, larger screen, better camera, full touch screen, plussss have all of the features we've loved from a blackberry?!! This is a sure buy for me.
    09-13-08 04:40 PM
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it on here but the ThunderStorm isn't really a true touch screen it's one big button and you really do have to push it so you should wait and play with it before you knock it.
    09-13-08 05:33 PM
    The only thing that interests me is the Jav. Thats the only phone I will give my Curve up for. The Storm is just too much play and not enough business for me.
    09-14-08 01:07 PM
    Anybody know anything about the Niagara? I'm about 6 months into my curve and I love it but I'm looking for the future when I'm ready to upgrade. I'm on verizon now and am just wondering if there was anything new being rumored.

09-14-08 01:18 PM
    The only thing that interests me is the Jav. Thats the only phone I will give my Curve up for. The Storm is just too much play and not enough business for me.
    What is the Jav bringing to the table that's new?
    09-14-08 02:10 PM
    What is the Jav bringing to the table that's new?
    If rumors are correct it's the FIRST Berry to have 256MB for apps. And also the first Berry to have a 3,2 Mega Pix camera. There 2 examples.
    09-14-08 02:49 PM
    I hope the guys at VZW aren't d1cks and allow me to get a Curve and not extend my contract but i dunno how the system works.
    If you're expecting or counting on any discount or promotional pricing, be prepared to sign a new contract. Purchases at full retail price will not extend your contract. Good luck.
    09-14-08 04:19 PM
    If you're expecting or counting on any discount or promotional pricing, be prepared to sign a new contract. Purchases at full retail price will not extend your contract. Good luck.
    So, say I cop a Storm November 1st (fingers crossed) at full price. I can just roll that into my current 2 year stint? It ends in March BTW.
    09-14-08 05:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD