I hope this isn't already posted somewhere and I know the playbook features are mentioned in lots of places...but I was wondering what the list of sensors the playbook has such as gps, proximity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope, digital compass? How does this compare to other tablets?

Thanks!
    04-03-11 04:37 PM
    I hope this isn't already posted somewhere and I know the playbook features are mentioned in lots of places...but I was wondering what the list of sensors the playbook has such as gps, proximity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope, digital compass? How does this compare to other tablets?

Thanks!
    everything you said but proximity sensor, because well when will you be holding it up to your head?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    04-03-11 07:40 PM
    Sweet, thanks! I was wondering since the xoom had some fancy stuff going on. Just wanted to know if the playbook I preordered had the same.
    04-03-11 07:48 PM
    Xoom has a barometer in it, Playbook doesn't.
    04-03-11 08:23 PM
    Don't forget the moisture sensors.
    04-03-11 10:30 PM
    Silly question, but what is the smaller hole in the front of the playbook? Is it the light sensor?
    04-03-11 10:42 PM
    Wait a minute, so you're telling me if I'm at the beach with my playbook I will have no way to check if it's raining???? appalling, I'm cancelling my playbook preorder immediately.
    hedone.hawker likes this.
    04-03-11 10:42 PM
    Wait a minute, so you're telling me if I'm at the beach with my playbook I will have no way to check if it's raining???? appalling, I'm cancelling my playbook preorder immediately.
    You're just being silly. Of course you can, it has wifi---you go to the weather network website.
    04-04-11 02:21 PM
    Silly question, but what is the smaller hole in the front of the playbook? Is it the light sensor?
    It could be, but at the very least it functions as an LED

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 02:56 PM
    You're just being silly. Of course you can, it has wifi---you go to the weather network website.
    But when it does start raining on you, just make sure you don't hold it over your head like a newspaper...
    04-04-11 03:10 PM
    It could be, but at the very least it functions as an LED

So that is an LED too? I thought the LED was the 1-pixel border around the edges with notifications in the corner.
    04-04-11 04:37 PM
    There is no LED notification light on the PB except for the border LED you mentioned. You're not talking about the forward facing camera are you?

04-04-11 04:58 PM
    No, next to the front facing camera.
    04-04-11 05:04 PM
    Nevermind... I think I know what you're talking about now... The little round "hole" to the left of the camera. Right? If so, I have no idea what it is.

04-04-11 05:04 PM
    Because soooo many beaches have Wi-Fi...
    04-05-11 02:21 AM
    Nevermind... I think I know what you're talking about now... The little round "hole" to the left of the camera. Right? If so, I have no idea what it is.
    It's a light sensor. The cameras have "night mode".
    04-05-11 06:38 AM
    Blood glucose level sensor, i swear.
    04-05-11 07:08 AM
    No need theres an built in weather app.
    04-05-11 07:11 AM
    It's a light sensor. The cameras have "night mode".
    This info has never been published before... where did you get the info?

The other prime contender has always been that it's a "privacy" LED for the front-facing camera (to warn the user when it's on).
    04-05-11 07:47 AM
    Umm. Maybe a microphone?!
    04-05-11 09:38 AM
    Umm. Maybe a microphone?!
    There are two microphones on the top of the device, one on the right and one on the left.
    04-05-11 10:25 AM
    it mesures if your eyes are tired,is so it shuts the screen for a 5min break :P
    04-05-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD