Hi all. My phone is having very annoying problems with lag and such and I got reamed here a while ago for not having tried a wipe and fresh install. So, now that I have time, I want to try that. Whenever I do a new install or theme, I HATE having to manually move every single icon where I want it, I know it's a laziness thing but I figured I'd ask.

Is there a way to back up how I have all the icons and folders set up before I wipe? Thanks in advance.
    04-02-11 05:59 PM
    Yes, if you backup using DM you can use a selective restore. Choose Theme settings. This will set the themes to the backed up settings.
    04-02-11 07:52 PM
    Uhh, okay I did that and wiped and restored. Not only did none of my theme settings reload, but none of my email accounts or Facebook info reloaded. I did be sure to click to restore email settings and accounts and theme settings.
    04-03-11 10:23 AM
    Gotta tell you, I have never been able to save the positions of my icons in my themes. Never. Just rearrange them every time I choose one to use. Its a bummer!
    04-12-11 09:36 PM
    And my icons hold position with every theme I install. Sometimes when I change OSs I lose them, but most of the time they stick even with an OS change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 04:22 AM
    Uhh, okay I did that and wiped and restored. Not only did none of my theme settings reload, but none of my email accounts or Facebook info reloaded. I did be sure to click to restore email settings and accounts and theme settings.
    You might have to delete DM and reinstall it. There are a lot of people who have had a problem with drivers that are related to DM not functioning properly. Once you do this then try restoring those items. Personally, I have never had a problem with reloading email or theme settings. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    04-13-11 05:57 AM
    I can never get my icons to stay in the same place either when I switch themes.
    It's a PITA, but I guess nothing you can do about it.
    04-13-11 07:07 AM
    I thought I was the only one...but every theme I end up switching at least the first 12 icons around to get the theme to have what I want, where I want it...gives me something to do when I'm on the phone (Office phone, not BB) at least.
    04-13-11 07:18 AM
    Everytime I do a backup, mine says ERROR and that theme settings were not backed up!

How can I change this?
    04-13-11 07:30 AM
    I dont know if my device is special or what but i have yet to have (knock on wood) any of the maladies most report here, I have never had memory leaks, my icons stay in place once i have set them, i switch themes and they stay in place as well, I have done nothing special at all. It just works that way. As a matter of fact I just upgraded to 6.0.0.524 two days ago and when I restored everything came back just as i Had it, other than having to re authorize a few apps it was smooth sailing.
    04-13-11 07:43 AM
    I dont know if my device is special or what but i have yet to have (knock on wood) any of the maladies most report here, I have never had memory leaks, my icons stay in place once i have set them, i switch themes and they stay in place as well, I have done nothing special at all. It just works that way.
    Well, don't just sit there!
    Send me some of your LUCK man!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    04-13-11 07:45 AM
    Gotta tell you, I have never been able to save the positions of my icons in my themes. Never. Just rearrange them every time I choose one to use. Its a bummer!
    +1, switching themes followed by the usual reboot sends my media & IM icons flying all over my homescreen.....what a PITA to file them away.
    04-13-11 07:51 AM
    Everytime I do a backup, mine says ERROR and that theme settings were not backed up!

How can I change this?
    Ha! I get that same error, and I'm like oh well.
    Not sure why this is happening.
    04-13-11 08:13 AM
    Ha! I get that same error, and I'm like oh well.
    Not sure why this is happening.
    I get the same freakin error too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD