Have a Bold 9650 (not on a BES). Is there a way to set it up so that when mail is deleted in Outlook on the PC then it also removes the message from the BB?

Seems like a lot of work to have to delete everything twice (once from the PC and again from the BB). Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!
    04-02-11 03:28 PM
    Not sure about deleting from outlook to delete from the device, but... If you delet the email from your device, and select "delete on mailbox & handheld", it will delete from outlook, and your BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 09:10 PM
    Have a Bold 9650 (not on a BES). Is there a way to set it up so that when mail is deleted in Outlook on the PC then it also removes the message from the BB?

Seems like a lot of work to have to delete everything twice (once from the PC and again from the BB). Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!
    The short answer is, it depends how your email is setup. POP, IMAP, somethng else?
    04-02-11 11:14 PM
    Nope, the actual answer is NO unless you use gmail or yahoo, not sure about hotmail. You do have to have them set as imap in your Outlook.
    For anything else that's a no.
    It's not that hard to delete them from your phone tho, you do have a delete button.
    Maybe you should do it the other way around, just delete from your phone and your Outlook will by follow.

04-03-11 03:40 AM
    DGordo,

Her email is currently set up as POP3. I believe I saw directions on Charter.net's website to set it up as IMAP. Are you saying if I set it up as IMAP it will do what I want it to (deleting in Outlook will automagically delete from the BB too)?

Thanks for the help!
    04-07-11 07:59 PM
    DGordo,

Her email is currently set up as POP3. I believe I saw directions on Charter.net's website to set it up as IMAP. Are you saying if I set it up as IMAP it will do what I want it to (deleting in Outlook will automagically delete from the BB too)?

Thanks for the help!
    Only for gmail and yahoo, anything else will sync from phone to outlook, deleted, read, mark as unread etc, it's half imap.

04-08-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD