Hi ive recently bought a blackberry curve 9300 3G on 02 network in the uk ive had problems in the past with someone tapping my phone and redirecting my calls and text to a third phone is there any free anti spyware that i can get for my phone to up the security on my blackberry and is there anyway to check to see if my phone calls and text are being redirected by looking through my device information on this would be great thanks guys
    04-01-11 01:55 PM
    Lookout xx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lukerafferty77 likes this.
    04-01-11 02:03 PM
    well I've looked as i know a certain 3rd party is checking my texts and calls etc. and i couldn't find anyway to block this kind of access, however i think your fine with bbm as that all goes through RIM's servers.

your best bet is if you think someone is keeping tabs on you and reporting it to o2 however in my experience with them they don't really want to know...

good luck!
    lukerafferty77 likes this.
    04-01-11 08:21 PM
    Are you sure that the access is being made through the phone? Over here in the US we use internal programming. Over there(I know, I was stationed at Lakenheath from 03-07) y'all, and the rest of the world, use SIM cards.
    If this person was an ex then they had access to your phone at one time. A quick internet search turned up various SIM card cloning machines. If someone has access to your SIM card then theoretically they could have cloned your SIM card. From there it's Bourne Identity similar.
    Check with Carphone Warehouse or another shop and see if you can get a new SIM (with a new SIM identity) on the same mobile number. Tell them you think your SIM has been cloned by a vengeful ex. Be forewarned though, you may have to just get a whole new mobile number.
    04-05-11 01:46 PM
    Are you sure that the access is being made through the phone? Over here in the US we use internal programming. Over there(I know, I was stationed at Lakenheath from 03-07) y'all, and the rest of the world, use SIM cards.
    If this person was an ex then they had access to your phone at one time. A quick internet search turned up various SIM card cloning machines. If someone has access to your SIM card then theoretically they could have cloned your SIM card. From there it's Bourne Identity similar.
    Check with Carphone Warehouse or another shop and see if you can get a new SIM (with a new SIM identity) on the same mobile number. Tell them you think your SIM has been cloned by a vengeful ex. Be forewarned though, you may have to just get a whole new mobile number.
    um GSM networks in the us use sim cards lol

but to the OP if it is a sim clone just go to your provider and get a new sim, wipe the handheld if you want to be safe.
    04-05-11 03:11 PM
    It is quite easy spy on a BlackBerry BUT you need at least one access to the BlackBerry upon which you wish to spy to install the software.

Blackberry Spyware | Spy BlackBerry Phone | BlackBerry Spyware Apps Costs $100 and will do the job.

As has already been said, SIM card cloning is equally easy to do if you know the right people.

That said, the BlackBerry is a highly secure device and if you NEVER let anyone else handle your phone AND you keepit passworded, AND you do a wipe and a clean OS install, AND then only install known and trusted apps you should be safe from installed spyware.

If you suspect a cloned SIM card being used then you should contact you carrier.
    04-05-11 03:24 PM
    I think hear the black helicopters flying around my house...
    04-07-11 03:02 PM
    thanks for all the help guys
    04-08-11 12:22 PM
    Hi ive recently bought a blackberry curve 9300 3G on 02 network in the uk ive had problems in the past with someone tapping my phone and redirecting my calls and text to a third phone is there any free anti spyware that i can get for my phone to up the security on my blackberry and is there anyway to check to see if my phone calls and text are being redirected by looking through my device information on this would be great thanks guys
    10-03-13 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD