Hello everyone,

Hope you can help. My email is [email protected]. When i'm online logged in and have sent an email - It comes through as sent by "DARREN G." which it should... When I "compose an email" on my 9780, send it off, it comes to the recepient as sent by "PHOTECS".

Why the difference? I've looked at all my settings, can't seem to be able to customize that anywhere.
    I deleted the email account from the 9780, did a battery pull, then re-activiated the account, same deal.

Thoughts?
    04-01-11 01:13 PM
    login to BIS/BES and see what name is mentioned in your Name section...
    or log in to hotmail and see your screen name...
    04-01-11 01:38 PM
    Yup, tried all that. Changed the "display name" and account name to "Darren G" - but still comes through as PHOTECS.
    Tried from both the Bell (provider) site, and the BB menu.
    04-01-11 01:49 PM
    try sending mail through hotmail webmail... and see your display name..
    then send it via BB..

and see it who's sending wrong name...
    04-01-11 01:55 PM
    If I go online with my PC, log into hotmail - and send a test to my work email, comes through as Darren G.
    If I send an email using the hotmail account on the BB to my work email, comes through as PHOTECS.
    04-01-11 03:33 PM
    Have you changed your signature from within the BB Email Setup program?

Setup > Email Account > scroll to Hotmail Account > (Menu) Edit > Signature > change, then back out and Save
    04-01-11 03:46 PM
    Have you changed your signature from within the BB Email Setup program?

Setup > Email Account > scroll to Hotmail Account > (Menu) Edit > Signature > change, then back out and Save
    Yes I have - but that only states "sent from Darren's BB Bold" - has nothing to do with the "sender" name that displays in the inbox of the recipient.
    04-01-11 03:57 PM
    Yes I have - but that only states "sent from Darren's BB Bold" - has nothing to do with the "sender" name that displays in the inbox of the recipient.
    Ahh, I'm with you now.

The Sender name is the 'Your Name' field, just above the Signature field in the BB Email Set Up Program... but I take it you've already changed that?
    04-01-11 04:10 PM
    Yup. I have the email address in the "email address" section, then the next box is "Darren G." where the account name box is...
    then the signature box...
    04-07-11 12:59 PM
    Nope, your name needs to be in the 'Your Name' field for it to show as sent by you...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 01:16 PM
    Sorry, I don't think I explained it right...
    Here's what my screen looks like.
    04-08-11 02:53 PM
    Must be an issue/setting on Hotmail's side then, because you've done everything correct on your device for your name to show in the 'sent by' field.

Sorry, but I'm all outta ideas now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 03:14 PM
    Long shot, but try removing the account and adding it again?
    04-08-11 08:11 PM
    check out your address book on your blackberry, maybe there is a contact with the name photecs and your email.
    04-08-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD