Within the past few weeks I have noticed "menu" running in the background when I hit my application switch button. Its a defualt app icon (looks like a white windowframe).

If I do a quickpull reset it disappears for a little while but then I'll notice it a few hours later.

I THINK it has something to do with quickpull but I could be wrong.

Anyone know what this is for sure?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 06:49 PM
    I had the same problem and when I clicked on the icon it froze my phone. I am pretty sure it is from a Jared Company app. There are several threads about Jared Company apps. If you delete the Jared Company app, the icon will go away.
    Here is a link to one of the Jared threads.http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/why...r-apps-569582/
    Last edited by shrewsburysq; 03-30-11 at 07:18 PM.
    03-30-11 07:04 PM
    If it looks like a folder I get the same thing appearring at random. I can only clear ir with a reboot. I have no idea why it appears but I don't use quickpull.

03-30-11 07:05 PM
    i have the same problem with something called "reset" jsut a white box. i've deleted it again and again, on the bold and on the torch. any ideas?
    TIA
    03-30-11 07:11 PM
    "Reset" named modules are modules used by apps that reset the phone like quickpull, quicklaunch, controlbbpanel and a handful more. But they shouldn't be showing in the application switcher screen, even though some of them run hidden in the background like controlbbpanel's one.

@cntrydncr223 you probably have a phone resetting application installed.

For the "menu" named one, put the application manager to show all modules, look for the menu one and click on it to see if it belongs to any other app.

03-30-11 10:38 PM
    "Reset" named modules are modules used by apps that reset the phone like quickpull, quicklaunch, controlbbpanel and a handful more. But they shouldn't be showing in the application switcher screen, even though some of them run hidden in the background like controlbbpanel's one.

For the "menu" named one, put the application manager to show all modules, look for the menu one and click on it to see if it belongs to any other app.

Nothing shows up as "menu."However, I did install who is it led by jared co. a few weeks ago. That might be it...

03-30-11 10:48 PM
    Yes, I have quick pull. But somehow "reset" appears to be it's own cod file, though it has no properties. No matter how many time I delete it, it just comes back. Maybe there's another version of quick pull? I'm using 5.0.2. TIA

03-31-11 01:54 AM
    Yes, I have quick pull. But somehow "reset" appears to be it's own cod file, though it has no properties. No matter how many time I delete it, it just comes back. Maybe there's another version of quick pull? I'm using 5.0.2. TIA

That's actually how it works. Quickpull installs an additional .cod file, either when installed or when asked to reset the first time. When the reset is requested, quickpull reinstalls the reset module (.cod file) over itself (itself = .cod file), causing the device to prompt for a reset. This is why these "reset" programs are inefficient and a waste of space, because they all have to reset the phone using an extra .cod module, either by running it and uninstalling it, or by reinstalling it over itself. Both methods cause the device to prompt for a reset and both methods reinstall the reset module (.cod file) after the phone has booted up so it can be used in the next reset, which is pretty much why you see it over and over after trying to uninstall it manually. And also, there is no difference in the reset caused by quickpull, a reset caused by uninstalling some other app, or a reset caused by pressing alt+rshift+del.

However, quickpull's module shouldn't be running in the background, at least it didn't when I was testing it. It should be installed but not running.

Last edited by gbsn; 03-31-11 at 02:09 AM.
    03-31-11 02:05 AM
    Why do you even have QuickPull installed? It's a totally unnecessary app and just a waste of space. Delete it and be done with the issue.
    04-01-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD