Ok, so I just finished ordering my Thunderbolt and it will get to tomorrow. I tried it out and I like though it sucks that I couldnt get something similiar in my Storm 9530 but they got two years to get me back.

I just have a few questions that I could not really find answers to in the threads.

1. - I saw that the Thunderbolt does have a light like my storm but can the light change colors like the storm? (i.e. manipulated by an app)

2. - I know themes are not that big of a thing with android devices but is there anywhere I can get different themes for the Thunderbolt at all?

3. - I could not find solid information the bluetooth profiles supported by Android, does anyone know?

4. - Does the Thunderbolt have a mapping app similar to VZ navigator for Verizon?

5. - Is there a Viigo app for Android?

6. - Lastly, can I use my blackberry email on the Thunderbolt?

If some of these questions are obvious, forgive me as I said I had trouble getting some solid answers. Thanks in advance.
    03-30-11 04:19 PM
    Ok, so I just finished ordering my Thunderbolt and it will get to tomorrow. I tried it out and I like though it sucks that I couldnt get something similiar in my Storm 9530 but they got two years to get me back.

I just have a few questions that I could not really find answers to in the threads.

1. - I saw that the Thunderbolt does have a light like my storm but can the light change colors like the storm? (i.e. manipulated by an app)

There are a few apps that can control the led, but have been known to not work as well on Android compared to BB. I have the default green on my Pro for green and use Handcent SMS(led is set to Red). Most apps come with some type of LED control.

2. - I know themes are not that big of a thing with android devices but is there anywhere I can get different themes for the Thunderbolt at all?

You can use home replacements like LauncherPro, ADW, GoLauncher, etc and they allow for customization of the docks. Changing the status bar requires Root and then you can install ROMs. It works kinda like a BB theme how it changes the color, fonts, etc, but is a completely different install process.

3. - I could not find solid information the bluetooth profiles supported by Android, does anyone know?

Not sure about this one.

4. - Does the Thunderbolt have a mapping app similar to VZ navigator for Verizon?

Googles Maps has free turn by turn voice navigation.

5. - Is there a Viigo app for Android?

Not sure on this one either as I never really used Viigo on my BB.

6. - Lastly, can I use my blackberry email on the Thunderbolt?

No

If some of these questions are obvious, forgive me as I said I had trouble getting some solid answers. Thanks in advance.

My answers in bold.
    03-30-11 04:42 PM
    When RIM brought Viigo they shut down pretty much all of the non-BB versions. I remember I used to use it on Windows Mobile before RIM brought it, and then after the acquisition they dropped support. There are more than enough apps to replace Viigo.

As for the BT profiles supported, that depends on the phone. Consult the phone specifications to see which BT profiles the device supports.
    03-30-11 05:08 PM
    I use an app called Blink to give me a few more colours on my nexus one trackball\led The led frequency can also be changed.

The led's on android however are not as bright or as good as they are on a blackberry. Shame really but better than no light at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 05:21 PM
    You won't need themes. You can make the screen look any way you like. That said, some of the launchers have themes available in the market.

You won't need vlingo either. Google voice is built in to search and text.

You can't beat the native turn by turn in google maps which also has built in voice search.

Your bb email will be lost as it is tied to your bis account.

03-30-11 05:28 PM
    The OP Said VIIGO, not VLINGO. VLINGO for Android is free for the Full Version, anyways.

Google does have an Official RSS Reader App that ties into Google Reader, if that's what the OP uses Viigo for.
    03-30-11 06:15 PM
    it looks like there is quite a bit of support for it. Sounds like a plan then. I am now more confident I made a good decision with getting the Thunderbolt. Though I might have to get the extra battery because I am a power user. Has no one else come out with a slimmer but larger battery that can at least fit in the back door? Or maybe even something like the mophie?
    03-30-11 08:53 PM
    I have an 1800 mAh battery for my Incredible I have two of them and alternate when not in the mood to charge up. Also have a separate charger for them so I always have a charged up battery. No excess weight and my original cover works.
    HTC Express is the site I purchased them on. I can get up to 15 hours but the Thunderbolt is more powerful with using 4G and the other things it can do.
    Check them out, they aren't expensive........
    03-31-11 03:24 PM
    There's a way better app than viigo its called pulse. And for podcasts get stitcher.

03-31-11 06:49 PM
    use noled for the tbolt as hard to see led and only 2 colors. if you already pay for vz nav then yes it has if not use google maps and navigation. Skins are available as well as diferent launchers.
    04-01-11 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD