I have read through threads about battery draining.
    I am getting about 5 hours of normal use before it dies on me.
    One of the threads suggested to click on the blackberry button and look at the applications listed.
    How do I turn off those applications that are running? Wouldn't using battery pull at night turn off the apps when it re-boots?

THanks in advance.
    Kaiser
    03-30-11 08:56 AM
    I had the same problem and I read this in another post, open the app and click the menu button and scroll down and close the app or exit the app if it has exit. this will keep the app from running in the background and draining the battery. The app running in the background happens when you click on the back button the get out of the app. When you press and hold the bb button, just click on the app running to open it and then do the above to close/exit the app. Hope this helps.
    03-31-11 08:46 PM
    Mikerc3 is correct. To answer the second question - yes, a reboot will turn the running apps off (with some exceptions depening on what apps you have).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 06:47 AM
    Also note that Home Screen, Blackberry Messenger, Phone, Messages and Browser are the 5 that run all the time, these can not be turned off.
    04-01-11 09:25 AM
    I have the RIGHT convience key assigned to show all my running apps, so I can close them FAST!
    04-01-11 01:12 PM
    Also note that Home Screen, Blackberry Messenger, Phone, Messages and Browser are the 5 that run all the time, these can not be turned off.
    Actually your browser is not running all the time but phone, bbm, and messages are. You can close the browser the way someone else explained closing other apps

04-02-11 08:18 AM
    I have closed these apps and still have battery drain problem.
    How can I be sure that it is the battery that has worn out?
    This phone is almost a year old. Not sure what to do here.
    I have the latest update from Sprint on it hoping that might help.
    No such luck. In fact since the update I have no option to lock the
    keyboard anymore.
    04-19-11 07:30 AM
    I am having the same problem... I bought two new batteries... no luck... I have made sure all applications are closed other than the ones that won't close (phone, browser, messenger) (by the way, the browser won't close. I tried everything to do that).... I have closed, opened, and rebooted... I have cleaned my cache... I made sure that no Wi-fi was on... I even had Verizon send me a "new" refurbished phone... but it has the same problem. Everything that I have read, I have tried, and the battery still dies within 5 hours. It may last 8 if I don't touch it. I cannot even have a phone call without it getting close to dying.
    Last edited by lbapple; 11-05-11 at 08:05 AM.
    11-05-11 08:01 AM
    Remember to battery pull and to always make sure unnecessary apps are closed. Its worth a try to upgrade your OS

11-06-11 06:53 AM
    On the Lithium-Ion batteries phone use the don't have memory like the old Ni-Cad batteries. How eve they have charging cycles generally around 400 to 500.

1 charging cycle is equal to plugging your phone in one time even if only for a few minutes. So if you have had your phone and battery for about a year a 5 hour life span in between charges would not be that bad based on its age. So I would recommend getting a new battery. Amazon has the OEM batteries at a very reasonable rate.

11-07-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD