BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1737 (AMEA)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1737
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.1074
    Software Platform: 3.2.0.34
    File name: 8350iAMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1737_PL3.2.0.34_A5.0.0.1074_ SouthernLINC_Wireless.exe
    File size: 92.76MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    chrisvz#CB and IPHONECW like this.
    03-30-11 02:23 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide before the questions come...

ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    03-30-11 02:26 AM
    I just made the download and the lock screen button doesn't work, I mean it entered in stand by mode and after that my mail fast access (#1) puts my phone in standby mode too. Somebody, help me!!!! Tks
    04-04-11 06:06 PM
    I just made the download and the lock screen button doesn't work, I mean it entered in stand by mode and after that my mail fast access (#1) puts my phone in standby mode too. Somebody, help me!!!! Tks
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have a chance please update your profile to include you device, carrier, and location.

So for your question, can you elaborate just a bit please?
    What do you feel doesn't work exactly? What does it do and what do you think it should be doing instead?

Also, regarding your comment on the "mail fast access (#1)" issue, are you referring to holding down the W key to speed-dial your Voicemail?

Lastly, do you recall what OS you just came from? When was the last you updated your OS?
    04-05-11 02:21 AM
    Sounds like your coming from an older Os ( 4.XX) any Os 5.0 + no longer has the lock feature. The only options you have is going into stand by or setting a password lock. There is a version of berryslider that works on the 8350i but it's pretty buggy.
    Lelis likes this.
    04-05-11 11:37 AM
    i am running the 5.0.0.1074 on my 8350i and it seems to run great, the only draw back ive found is that the updates promised from BB are the email, web and sms. these just so happen to be the files replaces with the boost service books and ultimatly seems to revert the OS back to what it was before the update.
    04-05-11 07:52 PM
    i am running the 5.0.0.1074 on my 8350i and it seems to run great, the only draw back ive found is that the updates promised from BB are the email, web and sms. these just so happen to be the files replaces with the boost service books and ultimatly seems to revert the OS back to what it was before the update.
    Just curious, where and what exactly did RIM promise from this update?

Service books do not replace any files. They are provisioning to grant or bar access to certain features, or push through some additional options such as the search engine choices in the Browser. They might also push through an icon that is actually a download shortcut for that app.
    04-05-11 10:30 PM
    ok exactly how are you going to follow me around on here. when you delete a service book and replace it with a new one, you are replacing the existing files within the service book. if you are going to read between the lines of everything i write, please fuind a new hobby. you are really making yourself look like a fool. i am sure that everyone else understood what i meant.
    04-08-11 01:26 PM
    Sounds like your coming from an older Os ( 4.XX) any Os 5.0 + no longer has the lock feature. The only options you have is going into stand by or setting a password lock. There is a version of berryslider that works on the 8350i but it's pretty buggy.
    That's exactly what happened. The OS 5.0 has this bug when I lock using the stand by mode the mail fast acces (w/1) access the stand by mode too and not the mail box.

But thank you, if there is another option to return the screen lock again that you know (w/o a bug) I would apprecite it.

rgs
    04-08-11 01:48 PM
    ok exactly how are you going to follow me around on here. when you delete a service book and replace it with a new one, you are replacing the existing files within the service book. if you are going to read between the lines of everything i write, please fuind a new hobby. you are really making yourself look like a fool. i am sure that everyone else understood what i meant.
    Your info was wrong and misleading. Deal with it. If you're not properly equipped to offer advice, build up some experience and try again.
    04-08-11 07:54 PM
    Hi, Thanks for the update. Is there any difference with the v5.0.0.1051 from Nextel?
    04-17-11 04:22 PM
    Hi, Thanks for the update. Is there any difference with the v5.0.0.1051 from Nextel?
    Unfortunately, RIM never publishes change logs. They do provide change logs to carriers, but for whatever reason the carriers also almost never release them.

Hopefully some other 8350i users can answer your question from their own experience.
    04-18-11 05:16 PM
    So whats the verdict? Stick with 4.6 or go to the 5.0?
    05-25-11 01:09 PM
    So whats the verdict? Stick with 4.6 or go to the 5.0?
    Might as well upgrade.. you can always roll back.
    05-25-11 11:28 PM
    Might as well upgrade.. you can always roll back.

So upgrade or not ?
    11-15-11 06:02 PM
    I upgraded several months ago on both of my 8350i's and have like the new version just fine. It adds a "Medium" ringer volume option which is nice. I took away the "padlock" keyboard lock, but you can still put the phone in Standby mode (by holding down the top Mute button) which locks the keypad and puts the phone to sleep... although my phone randomly pops out of that mode by itself sometimes. There is also a "Desktop Messaging" icon which I can't quite figure out the purpose of. I just moved the icon all the way to the end of my apps list and never use it.

There are probably plenty of background programming that changed too, but those are the up front feature changes that I noticed and use.
    11-16-11 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD