It was always funny reading the Leaked OS waiting room threads. I kind of miss reading the antsy people post and the non antsy ones slapping them a wake up. It was also the first thread to close and be ghost towned when the new OS arrived. I liked it, and I can wait for this device, being a RIM customer, you must be familiar with waiting, or you'll drive yourself crazy.
    but grrrrrrrrr cant veetit fir zees phewnnnn (peter sellers voice)
    03-29-11 07:58 PM
    I am inline waiting for it
    03-29-11 08:05 PM
    I'm waiting for 2 of them, lol
    03-29-11 09:15 PM
    Originally, I was 100% waiting for the Monaco only... I had only used touch screen BBs and I wanted a touch screen....

BUT, my Storm2 was the worst phone because of surepress glitches and low memory... so I decided to get a Bold 9650 to hold me over until the Monaco, and after having the Bold a week, running OS6, I really don't know whether to want the Bold Touch or the Monaco now! (or even the Torch2 if it comes to VZW).

I guess I"m just going to have to use both phones and see which appeals more to me, but I'm loving the Bold 9650 like crazy and the Bold Touch seems like its going to be an amazing phone, especially with the larger screen!
    03-29-11 10:49 PM
    Ya I can't wait for this phone. Honestly I never thought it would see the light of day, but it looks like im wrong. Hopefully this hits tmobile and i can finally ditch this Vibrant. Really miss the crack
    03-30-11 12:12 PM
    Yes, hope the roadmap is rather accurate and we'll see it about 2 of months.
    Last edited by dcgore; 03-30-11 at 02:53 PM.
    03-30-11 02:13 PM
    Still on the fence between this and the Monaco. I love my S2 (and was apparently one of the lucky few people who only had the bottom button glitch at the start), but a large part of that love came from SurePress. Typical haptic feedback technology just doesn't have the same appeal as either SurePress or a physical keyboard. I'll give the Monaco a try, but I've had lukewarm feelings about every pure touchscreen I've come across from the first iPhone to the Incredible. Maybe the Monaco will change my mind; though I'm still leaning towards the Bold Touch.

*sits in line*
    03-30-11 03:49 PM
    I'm getting kind of bored of my iPhone 4, and I love the 9000 form factor. Also as a Canadian I like to try and support Canadian companies, so I can't wait to jump back on the crackberry bandwagon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 04:16 PM
    Waiting.............
    Watching.................
    Listening.......................
    03-30-11 04:42 PM
    Oh I remember those waiting room threads for new OS's and devices particularly the Bold 9000 ones.

Those were the days!

I'm down for a Dakota

03-30-11 05:08 PM
    My Bold is Dying!! After 2 1/2 years I am at a loss here!! I thought I would try the Android Inspire and I sent it back after 3 days (I was thinking I could sell it when the NEW bold came along). I Couldn't stand the typing on it and NO sms customization for contacts . Yes, I am a crackberry addict!! what to do, what to do????
    03-30-11 06:02 PM
    And so it begins!

03-30-11 06:10 PM
    I'm loving my Torch, but I'd love to have that Bold keyboard!!!

03-30-11 07:33 PM
    Tried to make my 8310 last until ATT got the 9780. That never happened so I took a family member's old iPhone. And if I have to send ONE more text on a touch screen keyboard I'm gonna lose my mind!

I don't even make full use of all the apps available for the iPhone. Give me the Dakota with a solid browser and I'll be set.
    03-30-11 10:00 PM
    Originally, I was 100% waiting for the Monaco only... I had only used touch screen BBs and I wanted a touch screen....

BUT, my Storm2 was the worst phone because of surepress glitches and low memory... so I decided to get a Bold 9650 to hold me over until the Monaco, and after having the Bold a week, running OS6, I really don't know whether to want the Bold Touch or the Monaco now! (or even the Torch2 if it comes to VZW).

I guess I"m just going to have to use both phones and see which appeals more to me, but I'm loving the Bold 9650 like crazy and the Bold Touch seems like its going to be an amazing phone, especially with the larger screen!
    Is there any chance the the torch 2 will be coming to VZW???
    03-30-11 10:03 PM
    ^nope the torch 2 will be at&t only. that is why you on verizon will receive the monaco, which is also exceptional.

i wouldn't say the dakota is obviously my next device but it is one of the realm of possibilities.its a foregone conclusion, that the dakota/montana will be a best seller.but this time around im going to test out many devices and not just focus on one in particular. oh,the luxury of upgrading is just too good a feeling.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 03-30-11 at 11:29 PM.
    03-30-11 11:01 PM
    wonder when o2 here in germany will get the dakota, but im definitely waiting for it
    the only thing which bothers me a little is that...buying the dakota, knowing QNX phones will be out in 2012, so maybe its only like 6-8months and then theres another, better bb phone out
    then again, i'll probably get the dakota and then the qnx phones when they hit the market, even tho my contract is still running
    03-31-11 05:59 AM
    can't wait for this to come out. i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with the dakota/montana, but depending on how the monaco's touchscreen is and my ability to type on it, might go that way. either way, i'm eligible for my ne2 in august and i can upgrade anytime now for a discount. so hopefully that leaked cdma roadmap holds true
    03-31-11 11:52 AM
    I am as well, but in the meantime I'm ordering a white 9780 to hold me over for now, and buy this retail.
    03-31-11 01:23 PM
    I am as well, but in the meantime I'm ordering a white 9780 to hold me over for now, and buy this retail.
    did that last friday
    03-31-11 02:21 PM
    I was planning on getting a Tour two years ago once it came to US Cellular. Since US Cellular is a little behind everyone else on releases, I got to read about all the troubles people were having with it so I went with another Windows Mobile (Touch Pro 2) phone.

Fast forward two years and I was really looking forward to the Style that was supposed to come to US Cellular. It got cancelled for some reason.

So now, I'm waiting to try a Bold Touch if/when it's available.

Waiting for cool stuff is hard.
    03-31-11 02:47 PM
    Oh, I saw my first Style "in the wild" today!!! There were a couple of kids in their little Catholic school uniforms riding the Metro. One had a purple one. I soooo want one!!!!!!!
    03-31-11 04:02 PM
    did that last friday
    Did what? Get a 9780?
    04-01-11 06:48 AM
    Oh, I saw my first Style "in the wild" today!!! There were a couple of kids in their little Catholic school uniforms riding the Metro. One had a purple one. I soooo want one!!!!!!!
    LOL me too, if they made a GSM version....
    04-01-11 06:49 AM
    Did what? Get a 9780?
    Yeah, went from a 9700 on att to the 9780 on tmo. To be honest it was more about keeping the discount carriers around that led me to make the switch.
    04-01-11 09:15 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD