I of course have Verizon because of the great reception that I get at my house and in general. I also have a AT&T phone that almost zero reception at my house. Now the question is if Verizon is going to be going to 4G LTE, will it have the great reception that I have come to expect from the current Verizon or will it not be very good like AT&T at my house. I have to say away from the inside of my house the AT&T does fairly good, still not as good as Verizon.
    08-08-08 09:42 PM
    It will be better
    08-08-08 09:44 PM
    I wouldn't think that the coverage would change with verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 09:45 PM
    The 4G LTE will be on the 700 mhz bandwidth that VZW just won. From what I have read about this so far it appears that this frequency will allow VZW to cover the entire continental 48 with their own network. Also I hear the penetration of signal is great as well.
    08-08-08 09:48 PM
    Are you thinking better or worse Blueberry? Current Verizon seems to penetrate houses better or something than AT&T, I hope that the 4G does the same.
    08-08-08 09:49 PM
    I think it will be better

08-08-08 09:52 PM
    It should be better. If you get good signal now, then any enhancements to VZW's network should improve on that signal strength. It is highly unlikely that VZW, who pride themselves on their network, would do anything to cause signal degradation.

08-08-08 10:24 PM
    Their coverage will only keep getting better. Verizon tends to put up new towers or modify existing so the old towers stay functional and reception and coverage stays good. I just think the 4G coverage will be mostly in big metro areas to start, then branch out to the subburbs later.

08-08-08 10:40 PM
    I doubt your signal will become better, seeing as you already have a good signal strength. This will most likely improve areas with a weaker signal.

08-08-08 10:42 PM
    I doubt your signal will become better, seeing as you already have a good signal strength. This will most likely improve areas with a weaker signal.

Why ruin his dream??
    08-08-08 10:47 PM
    Vzw has spent a lot of money on their current network (hence you pay more) and have excellent coverage. Not knowing what their current frequency is, I will state that att uses 1900mhz and 850mhz, the former giving better sound quality, less range. The lower frequency gives better range with fewer towers. That being said, LTE on 700mhz will obviously allow Vzw to blanket the nation with towers for cheaper to get good coverage. So like jenay said, be happy you already have good signal!

08-08-08 10:55 PM
    OH yes I am happy with the current VZ signal, I just don't want 4G to be anything less.
    08-09-08 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD