Does anyone know if the Bible has been published for BB? That would be great if we could get a downloadable multi version of the Bible that we could carry with us at all times (or at least on a memory card), when I go to church and that pastor ask where my Bible is I can just flash the berry.....or would that be a bad thing?
    08-08-08 07:45 PM
    My bad, did a search and the topic has already been discussed.
    08-08-08 07:52 PM
    Flashing your berries in church might leave you looking for another congregation
    08-08-08 09:19 PM
    Flashing your berries in church might leave you looking for another congregation
    I see several people using Bible software on their smart phones almost every week at my church. At least I think that's what they're doing.

Jason
    08-09-08 08:40 AM
    Beiks is one company that offers this software. Check out ChristBerry for some Christian fellowship. The site launched and is being relaunched to be even better. Hope to see you over there!
    08-09-08 08:51 AM
    You can go to olivetree.com and fin different versions. They have free downloads

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 09:11 AM
    Yeah I went and got mine from Olive Tree. As Griphon said there are free versions available

08-09-08 09:13 AM
    08-09-08 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the info!

08-09-08 04:35 PM
    I've been using Beiks's Noah Reader for some months now and I strongly recommend it. The search and goto functions are excelent. Bookmarking is good too however they seem to disapear when installing a new o/s, which isn't great. However I remain to be stood corrected on this since there may be a way for this not to happen.

As for bb's in Church, the Lord said to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth - The Lord is searching our heart not what form of bible we have. Electronic Bibles are becoming more common in Church so no need to feel any way embarrased.

Gonna check out Christberry, thx SLVR6

08-09-08 04:57 PM
    What are you trying to do here, are you trying to impress upon your pastor that you have a BB. Why is it that you find the need to "FLASH" your BB to the Pastor? Are you gonna "FLASH" your BB up there to St Peter also?

08-10-08 12:22 AM
    I see several people using Bible software on their smart phones almost every week at my church. At least I think that's what they're doing.

Jason
    I guess my little attempt at mildly off-color humor really has no place in a thread for the devout Christian . . .
    08-10-08 10:41 AM
    Hey Dodge,

This is CB! You're as free as any1 else and as welcome too to post in this thread or any other of your choice. There's no place your contribution isn't welcome. Good to have you onboard

Nevertheless posters were basically just re-assuring the OP that its cool to use his/her bb in Church, since in our experience this is not a problem. You may have an experience that differs, where in your Church electronic devices are frowned upon. In that case fair enough. Services are so different across the Body of Christ that somewhere your view will hold.

Finally, if I may, as for the 'devout' part of your comment - I think I can speak for all posters in the thread when I say we all fall far short of the glory of God, we all sin daily, and we all humbly seek the Lord's forgiveness just as often. Having His Word on our bb's just makes this that little bit easier. As for which program, which is back on topic, I vote for Beiks.

Sorry for the essay

God Bless You.

08-10-08 01:34 PM
    Geez, Crack....grow a sense of humor.
    08-10-08 01:40 PM
    Olive Tree has new beta where the Bible files (about 2.4M each) reside on the SD card so they don't kill your available memory.
    08-10-08 03:22 PM
    yep olive tree. the n.e.t version is very nice and free.
    08-10-08 03:37 PM
    i'm not a christian and i don't read the bible, but, isn't actually having a real bible in your hands a better experience? the feel and smell of a nice leather cover and turning the pages...? that's gotta be better than clicking and scrolling.
    08-11-08 09:40 AM
    i'm not a christian and i don't read the bible, but, isn't actually having a real bible in your hands a better experience? the feel and smell of a nice leather cover and turning the pages...? that's gotta be better than clicking and scrolling.
    Well it is according to one's personal preference. I still carry a Bible to church. Where I find having a Bible on my BlackBerry most convient is when I'm at work or home or out somewhere.

08-11-08 09:52 AM
    Dagda1,

Beiks also let's you keep the bible files on memory card. For some reason thouigh the bookmarks get saved to temporary files somewhere

08-11-08 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD