My sister and I took our BlackBerry phones to be serviced on Saturday, both of ours were heating up, mine was constantly rebooting and completely shutting off for no reason; hers was heating up and the battery was draining so much it wouldn't even last half a day.

They gave her a new battery, they only did a hard-reset on mine.

The following day in the afternoon I noticed the top-left and the bottom-right corners had markings on them. They're deep scrapes like they pried open my phone with their teeth. I looked at my sister's phone: same thing!

So now both our phones are cosmetically damaged and it was too late for us to go back, they close at 6pm, and my sister's phone is the newest; it's the Curve 3G. Now I have a sense they might deny creating those gashes when we took it in, even though both phones have the same type of markings on the same locations.

We usually upgrade phones and I was thinking of upgrading to an Android when my contract's up in 1 1/2 years, and eventually selling my BlackBerry but now I'm not so sure I would be able to.

Would going back and stating my case do any good or will I only end up jumping through hoops with their denials? I've been with Sprint for over 10 years I hope they don't try to screw me over.

Oh, and after all this I was also getting a fatal error message when attempting to read my SD Card, any card really, I have 3 of them and all couldn't be read. Somehow after numerous attempts of sliding the thing in and out I managed to make it read it normally but I don't know for how long.
    Last edited by Undenied; 03-28-11 at 01:25 AM.
    03-28-11 01:02 AM
    Once you left the store, you accepted the condition of the devices.
    03-28-11 06:02 AM
    You can still take it back. It doesn't mean they will do anything but its worth a shot.
    03-28-11 12:10 PM
    Just take it back again for "service" and when they return it to you, claim the scratches then. If they didn't write a report noting the scratches on the device prior to accepting the device, then it's on them.
    03-28-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD