I really hope that the speaker problem the Bold 9000 had is fixed with the Dakota/Montana. Too many phones suffered from that issue.
    03-27-11 09:39 PM
    Problem? The Bold 9000 speakers are best Blackberry, or likely any other phone, has had.
    03-30-11 12:15 PM
    My Bold 9000 speakers stopped working after about 18 months. I couldn't hear the phone ring. There was a work around posted on YouTube - but ithe phone never worked well again.

Is this the issue you're talking about, Raskal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 01:17 PM
    Never had a problem, best speakers on any bberry bar none.
    03-30-11 02:11 PM
    Problem? The Bold 9000 speakers are best Blackberry, or likely any other phone, has had.
    Agreed, the Bold 9000 has the best speakers. I loved it... when it worked.

My Bold 9000 speakers stopped working after about 18 months. I couldn't hear the phone ring. There was a work around posted on YouTube - but ithe phone never worked well again.

Is this the issue you're talking about, Raskal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And yes Quellerie, you speak of an issue that many people have went through. Obviously not everyone did. I took great care of my phone.

The issue was that there are 2 copper prongs which bend very easily behind the speakerphone speaker. Because of this, after a while it would bend and lose connectivity with the motherboard which will cause it to become lower, and lower in volume and eventually, you will rarely hear it.

Hopefully with the new internal housing with this phone, that is fixed.
    03-31-11 12:39 AM
    no speaker issue happen to me in my long term use(3 years).
    Last edited by chetan1285; 03-31-11 at 08:28 PM.
    03-31-11 08:15 PM
    Interesting, I never heard of this problem before, good heads up and something to think about for sure! I'll be interested to know if the solution was made, but how would we know? It's not like someone from RIM is going to jump on here and confirm or deny?
    04-01-11 12:49 AM
    no speaker issue happen to me in my long term use(3 years).
    It took mine about a year and a half to get the issue. People can tell you, I take great care of this phone and I still got this issue. I love the 9000, but that was a pain to go though. I have tried newer phones, but the 9000 has the perfect form factor for me, which is why I have waited for this new phone since.

Interesting, I never heard of this problem before, good heads up and something to think about for sure! I'll be interested to know if the solution was made, but how would we know? It's not like someone from RIM is going to jump on here and confirm or deny?
    Yes, I would like to know if they addressed and fixed this issue as well, you can google it. Here is one:

lost at home: Blackberry Bold (9000) Speaker Issue

This shows the issue with the prongs. It would be nice if the speaker is connected to the motherboard a different way.
    04-02-11 03:38 PM
    The only way for this phone to be the ultimate blackberry would be to have these exact speakers (minus the prong problem)!! I will be waaaay dissapointed if these speakers are like the Torch.
    The Bold speakers rocked and I miss them.
    04-12-11 10:44 AM
    But is it even possible to have those speakers, or perhaps something newer but just as good, in that ultra thin design. Myself, I am doubtful it will sound as good as the 9000 was reported to sound (never had one myself). Hopefully it will sound better than anything else out on the market right now though.
    04-14-11 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD