Sooooooo, does anyone think that there are going to be some sort of "live" wallpapers for this bad boy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 01:56 AM
    I have been wondering the same thing. Not that big of a deal if you ask me just a nice add on. My coworker has a thunderbolt and the live wallpaper is an eye catcher.
    03-30-11 10:05 PM
    I agree, I have been keeping track of certain Android devices and comparing features and functions of upcoming phones and this feature, although not a dealbreaker, would be nice to have on a BB. (Hoping the HTC Merge finds its way to big red cause its either that or the Bold touch for me at this point)

03-30-11 10:39 PM
    I don't think so. RIM is trying to shake off the reputation of slow phones and a live wallpaper will simply be a resource hog.

Besides, I think RIM's design teams think people use their phones as a communications tool and not something to just stare at and say "oooh pretty..."
    03-30-11 11:25 PM
    Can't you do live wallpapers with themes/coding?
    I doubt RIM would have any pre-installed, but I think it could happen...

I kinda agree with grahamf though, thats not what RIM is all about, and they don't want to add useless stuff that will slow the phone right at the get go.
    03-30-11 11:36 PM
    Live wall? bleh .. I got my whole homescreen laid out to tell me everything I need to know without the added drain ..

But yes - with certain themes you can animate a homescreen ..
    03-30-11 11:48 PM
    I don't think so. RIM is trying to shake off the reputation of slow phones and a live wallpaper will simply be a resource hog.

Besides, I think RIM's design teams think people use their phones as a communications tool and not something to just stare at and say "oooh pretty..."
    If this were the case, why would they include things like "games" or "themes" on their phones currently, just sayin. Now matter how productive people wanna be, they still want to customize things and make them their own, whether it be a phone or a car. As far as the design team is concerned, according to recent articles, they cant even communicate correctly or efficiently for that matter. Either way, it is not the design team's choice if a dev wants to write an app using the Bold Touch's extra power and resources.

Can't you do live wallpapers with themes/coding?
    I doubt RIM would have any pre-installed, but I think it could happen...

I kinda agree with grahamf though, thats not what RIM is all about, and they don't want to add useless stuff that will slow the phone right at the get go.
    You can, to a certain extent, but I think they are not as nice and fluid as on other phones. With the reported spec bumps in this phone, it may happen. I think it may be up to the devs to write the apps ultimately.

Live wall? bleh .. I got my whole homescreen laid out to tell me everything I need to know without the added drain ..

But yes - with certain themes you can animate a homescreen ..
    On your current device, certainly no, but on the Bold touch, why not? I understand your need to be "super productive" with your phone but you cant tell me there aren't any entertainment apps on your phone.
    03-31-11 04:34 AM
    Like I said.. Live wall? Bleh ..

03-31-11 05:53 AM
    I had a DX, and the live wallpaper sucks the battery dry. Maybe on the smaller screen of the Bold Touch it wouldn't be as big of a drain.

Probably won't see anything like that until late 2012, IMO.

03-31-11 08:51 AM
    Hmm, don't think so.
    03-31-11 10:47 AM
    a waste of battery power...

how much time do you spend on home screen anyway?

=P
    04-07-11 03:34 PM
    It won't. I too like the idea of toying with something we don't have. Looked great on my friend's droid. I would like to use wallpaper a bit until I get bored with it and just delete them. It's a good idea, but RIM would not give us another option like this, imo.
    04-07-11 04:06 PM
    a waste of battery power...

how much time do you spend on home screen anyway?

=P
    Enough time to have a normal WP on it, I guess yours is all black then, lol. As far as the battery is concerned, maybe, will it be that much of a drain on a screen that small though?

04-09-11 01:07 AM
    Probably won't see anything like that until late 2012, IMO.

I missed this at first, then I giggled about how true this statement might be, lol

04-09-11 01:10 AM
    Enough time to have a normal WP on it, I guess yours is all black then, lol. As far as the battery is concerned, maybe, will it be that much of a drain on a screen that small though?

Hmm. I rarely change my wallpaper, like every one month. And yea, I don't spend time looking at my homescreen to enjoy "the view".

For mobile device, live wallpaper in general consumes significantly more power than static wallpaper.

That's why your Windows 7 will turn off live wallpaper when you unplug the power cord from your laptop.
    04-09-11 02:06 PM
    I had a couple of themes on my Storm 2 that had live wallpapers, so it's do-able, although you rarely see it for BBs. I guess I could take it or leave it - they're fun sometimes, but I'd probably never use one if it were a battery hog.
    04-09-11 03:13 PM
    Live wallpapers are completely pointless.
    04-09-11 04:35 PM
    Live wallpapers are completely pointless.
    Your post is completely pointless too.

I'd like to see a live wallpaper for weather.

04-11-11 04:01 AM

For mobile device, live wallpaper in general consumes significantly more power than static wallpaper.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. Got any other scientific facts there Mr. Wizard?

04-11-11 04:06 AM
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. Got any other scientific facts there Mr. Wizard?

yea. obviously you didn't follow the whole thread and became sarcastic.

anyway, if you wanna thank me, the simplest way is to hit the "thank" button instead of writing some ****. =P
    04-11-11 11:36 AM
    I dont believe you will find any "Live Wallpapers" for the blackberry's yet. There are alot of "Animated" wallpapers out there, but not any true Live Wallpapers
    06-21-11 11:15 AM
    ive seen on the Evo the live wallpaper with the wigets running, so if its raining where you are its raining on your phone, i think its cool, but my buddy who owns an Evo carries like 5 batteries with him to get through the day, and a charger... so as cool as all of that stuff is, if you want your phone to power through the day and help you get things done until they are able to get batteries that can power all of that stuff and make it through a day and more then blackberry will keep that an option you can add your self
    06-21-11 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD