Greetings;
    I am new to Mac and have been trying to install BB Desktop Manager without success. The software seems to have been downloaded and installed but nothing happens beyond the last instruction of "Connect your device to your Mac" Plugging in the USB cable prompts the correct screen on my Torch (USB,Sync,Charge) but the initial screen on the Mac doesn't change. The phone has the latest version of software, the Mac is a week old and has updated OS X to the latest. Not sure what to do next.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Kire
    03-26-11 04:22 PM
    Have you tried opening up DM manually?
    Look in the "Applications" folder in the dock...BB Desktop Manager should be listed there if it's installed.

OR

Use the search function (located in the top right on desktop)...search for desktop manager through there.

GoodLuck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 06:23 PM
    DTM will NOT run properly if the mac is running in 64bit mode. Thats something to look into.
    03-26-11 08:36 PM
    DTM will NOT run properly if the mac is running in 64bit mode. Thats something to look into.
    Exactly what he said, dm will not run on new macbooks as of right now. They do not have a driver for the 64 bit version so It wont recognize the bb, they need to get one out asap

Edit: Im sorry, DM runs but it will not read the device.
    03-26-11 08:39 PM
    I'm getting a Torch and Macbook Pro in mid April, planning to also invest in a cheap netbook to avoid all of the Mac-DTM issues. I also want to be able to have the latest software.

03-26-11 08:43 PM
    I recently backed up my torch with the new version of DM for Mac, and the screen didn't automatically pop up. But when I clicked on the icon in the dock, it did. If you installed it, it should be there. You either need to click the icon in your Applications folder on your Mac, or do a spotlight search for it that way. Once the screen is up, it won't do anything per se, unless you instruct it to (i.e backing up, syncing, etc.). If it merely doesn't recognize the device, sometimes updating or backing up will help with that.

03-26-11 11:14 PM
    Thanks all. Will investigate and see what works. I suspect that the 64 bit issue will be the culprit. I did read somewhere that runnings Parallels on the Mac might be a fix in that I believe that in runs XP @32 bit. Wouldn't be my first choice. As clue to my age all of these incompatibilities (Mac/Win) is reminding me of the Betamax/VHS wars of yesteryear.

Thanks, for your help, Kire
    03-27-11 11:04 AM
    i am currently running running MacOSX 64bit. I had that problem before. but when you plugged in the phone. Did u choose "sync to computer" not the "charging" nor "media storage" option. That did the trick for me and DM managed to detect my 9800.

Hope this works.
    03-27-11 11:17 AM
    I was having this issue too. After giving up on it for a while I tried "forget device" and it works great now.
    03-27-11 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD