Hi guys,

I have used my ip4 since it's lauched date, but I haven't satisfy with the data speed on my phone. I didn't rezognize it until last week because I connected to wifi most of the time. I used SpeedTest app and the result is disappointed 0.5MBps download and 0.6MBps download. I live in a strong VZW 3G network (55902), but the signal bar mostly stay at 2-4 bars. I already tried to call *228 and reset my phone but no improvement yet.

Any thought?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 10:33 AM
    I had also noticed this while I had my iPhone 4 for the short time before giving it back for the blackberry for several other issues including the one that you have mentioned with the network speed. I have at the most been getting no more than 1.5MBps during the speedtest app broadband test and thought that it was common since this was my first smartphone. But I believe a bit has to do with throttling bandwidth in order to help ensure that everyone else has enough speed to go around and it could be a way to cut back on the amount of data usage as well. I might be wrong on both of these aspects but this is definitely my take on it and you might want to actually let them know or if you could test out another iPhone4 to see if it is your phone or if they are all the same. Hope this has helped.
    03-26-11 11:21 AM
    The iPhone 4 data transfer will typically be slower on VZW than on AT&T. Here is one article. If you Google, you will find more.
    03-26-11 11:54 AM
    A speed test is irrelevant to me. I had a loaner iPhone on AT&T for 3 weeks and though it showed 3+ bars & 3G, when using the data connection for web sites or web apps, it would just spin. I can do twice as much on Verizon in the same time as I can on AT&T because I'm not waiting to connect or retrying. Speed when connected is only relevant if you're not waiting to connect.
    03-26-11 12:29 PM
    3G speeds run from .6 - 1.4 Mbps as quoted be VZW. This can definitely vary depending on almost anything from signal strength, line of site, backhaul, amount of users on a site at that time, weather, etc. It sounds like you're just below the low end of the spectrum. Are your results consistent no matter where you go and what time it is?
    03-29-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD