Okay, here's the issue. My wife had a 9700 activated on her company BES. Long story short, the BB was replaced with an iPhone 4 as her new company phone (i know, I know). The iPhone was activiated on the company BES and she had all folders/sub-folders showing and sycned on the iPhone. I looked at the 9700 that she still has in her possession and there was no active service on the device (red SOS) upper right corner. So by all indications, everything was setup and activated on the iPhone. She asked me to wipe the 9700 before she returned to her company so I used the standard "Security Wipe" feature to wipe the 9700.

So here is the problem, all of the emails in her inbox and numerous sub-folders are no longer showing on the iphone. Is this a direct result of the wipe I performed on the 9700? If so, is there anyway to correct it? Although she instructed me to wipe the 9700, you can guess who is also getting the blamed for the sync issues. The forlders and sub-folders are still present with all emails intact on her desktop pc. I need them back on the iphone.

Any help, suggestions and advice greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
    03-26-11 07:35 AM
    Its an iPhone sync problem, and the iPhone won't sync to the BES server it will sync to the Exchange server.

Once you wiped the 9700 it won't talk to the BES server anymore - presumably its also been disconnected from the BES by her IT Department.

iPhone's are notorious for crappy yet slowly improving Exchange support.

I'd look more towards the iPhone <> Exchange Server relationship, and if all folders are still showing in Exchange try reseting the sync database and getting the iPhone to pull it all down afresh.
    03-26-11 06:21 PM
    I agree, I would look to the iPhone to resolve the issue. Maybe try removing the Exchange account and re-adding it (on the iPhone) so it can pull the mailbox settings fresh again. An iPhone can not be activated on a BES, it syncs with the Exchange server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 09:25 PM
    Highly suggest she talks to the company iPhone support people. Wiping the BlackBerry just deletes stuff off the phone, not the server.
    03-28-11 02:54 PM
    "The iPhone was activiated on the company BES "

what? not possible
    05-01-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD