HELP ME PLEASEEEEE
    HOW can i get video recorder and voice recorder.
    ive delete my video recorder and voice recorder with bb boss.
    im OS 6. help me please
    03-26-11 12:02 AM
    Double click on the OS and repair it. All the cod files will get restored. Reshrink and be careful this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 12:09 AM
    Double click on the OS and repair it. All the cod files will get restored. Reshrink and be careful this time.

using bb boss again?
    03-26-11 12:11 AM
    If you're brave enough, sure. Just don't click on video camera & voice recorder this time.

03-26-11 12:22 AM
    using bb boss again?
    On your PC, first double click on the OS to repair it (as stated by the previous OP). You may then use BB Boss to re-shrink the OS according to your preferences (being careful this time to watch what your shrinking). Finally, plug in your Blackberry and reinstall the OS to your phone. The video recorder and voice recorder will be added back.
    03-26-11 12:25 AM
    on your pc, first double click on the os to repair it (as stated by the previous op). You may then use bb boss to re-shrink the os according to your preferences (being careful this time to watch what your shrinking). Finally, plug in your blackberry and reinstall the os to your phone. The video recorder and voice recorder will be added back.
    thanks dude
    03-26-11 12:33 AM
    Or even simpler (just for future reference, if you ever want to put back something you've shrunk out), uncheck whatever it is you want put back from the lists, and click "modify OS on disk." BB Boss will restore it for you.
    03-26-11 02:36 AM
    any body know how to get high memory on OS 6 help me please, i tired of this lo memory storage on my 9700
    03-26-11 03:17 AM
    any body know how to get high memory on OS 6 help me please, i tired of this lo memory storage on my 9700
    Follow the below guide, and you will have much more free space on your 9700...........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download OS 6.0.0.499 (or any other OS 6 version you wish)

If you are ready to try out OS 6 on your 9700, especially after the recent leaks which have rectified alot of the bugs which were found before, but are still worried about memory leaks since the 9700 only sports 256 MB of onboard memory for applications, then this guide will help you drastically overcome the low memory issues.

1) Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager and create a backup of your phone just in case something goes wrong.

Backup your apps using BBSAK if you are really worried that the automatic backup of apploader fails so you can reload them back later on using the BBSAK backup, this step is not mandatory unless you are really worried or don�t have the links to restore all the apps back easily later on.

2) Ensure that you do not have any previous OS installed on your PC by going to Control Panel and uninstalling any BlackBerry Device Software that you see there.

3) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and ensure that folder is empty, if there was any folder in there (usually any previous OS files will be there), then delete it, that folder needs to be empty before we start.

4) Download and install OS 6 for your 9700, you may choose any build you want.

5) Download and install
    BB Hybrid Tools v2.4

Run Hybrid Tools, click on the Shrink-A-OS Tab then carefully start checking the boxes of the components you will not use, like all the languages, all the carrier themes, the built in wallpapers, videos, etc. ; all the chat/messaging applications that you know you never use, social feeds, podcasts, etc.....

After selecting all the components / languages you want to shrink, click on the Add/Remove button on the bottom right to initialize the shrinking process, when it is over, you will see at the bottom right by how much was your OS shrinked (in MB)

DO NOT REMOVE ANY LANGUAGE FILES UNLESS YOU DONT NEED THEM, ENGLISH UK CAN SAFELY BE REMOVED IF YOU DON'T USE IT AS ENGLISH USA WILL ALWAYS BE THERE BY DEFAULT.

The below image are the options that I select to be removed, feel free to change anything according to your requirements.

6) Navigate to:
    Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR
    Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader if you were using a 64-Bit version of Windows

Then delete the file named vendor.xml
    (only if it was there, if it wasn�t then don�t bother)

7) Run apploader.exe within that same folder to start the OS update.

8) While getting the options of components to install, you should now see much less as you have shrunk your OS, however, still do a final check to ensure that everything that is checked is something you actually use. Sometimes for example, the Chinese language or any other language or component might be there, so just don�t select it if you don�t want it.

I would personally not bother with social feeds as well as it is of no use to me, saves me some space not to have it.
    (This is a personal choice, if you need it, then keep it)

What social feeds does is it interlinks all your social apps such as facebook and BBM, twitter, etc, into one application, so for example if you want to set your status as gone on holidays, you don't need to do it on each application seperately, social feeds will do it for all in one step. Still, I personally dont need that.

Next come podcasts, if you don't deselect that during the installation it automatically gets installed, again, useless to me.
    TuneIn radio is much better IMO.

Last, I do not install Appworld as I can just download the apps manually from the websites, that saves me some good space too.
    (This is a personal choice, if you need it, and if it works in your country, then keep it)

If you do the above tricks, you should not run into many memory problems.

Regards,

Matrix Leader
    Follow the white bunny...
    03-26-11 03:37 AM
    Hi, Just wanted to confirm that if i leave an option unchecked will that install it if i dont already have it?
    03-26-11 11:01 AM
    Hi, Just wanted to confirm that if i leave an option unchecked will that install it if i dont already have it?
    not neccessarily, if you leave it unchecked, means it is still available in the options while you are installing, so you have to ensure to tick the box beside it.
    03-26-11 01:47 PM
    Like ML stated, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will install, in the sense that it will install automatically. For example, say you check Facebook and then shrink. Facebook will not even come up as an optional install in AppLoader because it's been removed.

But say you want it installed after all; uncheck Facebook from the shrink menu, click modify disk, and BB Boss will put Facebook back automatically. You now, once again, have the option to install Facebook in AppLoader, and it's most likely automatically selected for installation unless you uncheck it in AppLoader.
    03-27-11 12:54 AM
    Hi - THE above is GR8 info --- wow!! Thanks to all who contibuted ... I am considerinv going bak to my 9700 (get rid of 9780 - mostly for "compatability" issues... It 'seems') plus my 9780 was JUNK right outta the box (NOT "new" as I was LED to believe!) Got it in 5ec. 2010 - and found what appears to be... A (previous Owner's personal file...DEF NOT a BB file!!!) Dated Nov 2010 .... I'd "guess" they realized the JUNK that it was / "IS" and returned it. TMO repakaged it as NEW ... (?) IDK~ but 1 clear (& unforgiveable issue is THE DOUBLE LETTERs it types + I've seen this a common issue in the 9780 forum!!) Anyway - I've NEVER even heard of all mentioned above ... "BBSAK" "Hybrid Tools" ..."Shrink" --- and have been trying to figure OUT watEva happened to "APPLOADER"?? (As I thought backups INCL ur "Apps". & seems NOT? ...unless YOU choose to ? ... Also have NOT been able to Add Input Language ... (Wow- ever since DM upgrades several upgrades ago ...). I've gone back-n-forth recently ...(Bak to 9700) and I SAW my Memory go UP to 500+ w/o OS6... (So guess wo OS6 is possible---) Additionally, I Updated OS on 9780 and it (PISSED ME �.f. OFF!!) As it RESET everything on my phone - E V E R Y T H I N G !! All Apps $ for$ went to "trial" - ALL "installed" FONTS ~ ALL MY "AutoText" - G O N E, (that's annoying for 1 who types alot- etc - not even sure wtf-else YET !! And ALL w/o any warning whatsoever ... (6.0.0.448) - I NEED any / ALL assistance that anyone is willing to offer ... IDK WAT 2 DO--- Plz SUGGEST, give me ur opinions / experiences / wat would U do?? And, now that I KNO wat happened w/OS6 update on 9780 - surely sum1 knows HOW I could avoid with 9700 update (its stiill OS5 - but was gettn "JavaLang Error" - (fatal??) So I prob oughta return for replacement of (BOTH, actually) the 9700 and 9780... But I'm leaning towards 9700 ... (Prob "RIM" shoved the 9780s OUT the door -as - they have been KNOWN to (seemingly) Force Release of OS, (and now, presumably)- Handsets TOO- PRIOR TO fixing ALL "KNOWN" issues / bugs / etc... Agree??) ..... (I also have an old 8520 which prob has a newer OS I could update ~ but THAT'S not an OPTION!) ... Plz tell me HOW I can followUp & find more INFO like all of the ABOVE you guys posted!! And �.I.A. - VERY MUCH appreciated!! =D p.s. Wat version of OS6 ... Seems to be the ONE (user friendly, most people seem to like?? - jw!) Thanks!!

03-27-11 03:31 PM
    I got dizzy reading this post

03-27-11 06:25 PM
    I got dizzy reading this post

I don't understand why anybody would remove both of these great features, they only use 128k and 64k. Lol

03-27-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD