There is a blog post on eweek. This guy needs to be bombarded with comments. Check it out here. RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Debut Looms: 10 Reasons to Pass it Up - eWeek - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    03-25-11 08:12 AM
    RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Debut Looms: 10 Reasons to Pass it Up - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    The Full Article.

Haven't read any of them yet, but I guarantee they won't make me want to pass it up.

Edit: All I have to say about #1 is Wow.

1. The iPad 2 is better
    2. The 4G option is coming
    3. The 7-inch display is a problem
    4. Will the enterprise like the OS?
    5. Apps could be a problem
    6. Android-based devices are compelling
    7. The timing is off
    8. The corporate world might prefer the Cius
    9. It's pricey
    10. What's the key killer feature?
    There are the 10 reasons for anyone who doesn't want to read why about them. I can't believe someone would even post this. I'm going to go post a long comment, defending all these points because none of them are reasons to pass it up. Unless you are a die-hard Apple fan.
    Last edited by McStoner; 03-25-11 at 08:23 AM.
    marclovell likes this.
    03-25-11 08:20 AM
    I am defintely getting a Playbook especially after yesterday's news. Some of these blog writers are just laughable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 08:23 AM
    Ten recycled thoughts and not a good one in the lot. We are still waiting. Both the wife and I expect to get more use from a PB than an I-anything.

03-25-11 08:23 AM
    North American media in general is toilet grade...

03-25-11 08:31 AM
    Remember that everyone has an opinion, and in my opinion I find Reasons #3 and #8 to be somewhat contradictory. So....

03-25-11 08:38 AM
    Is that what they come up with???? LOL laughable. How about it won't make your toast or give you a bj.
    03-25-11 08:44 AM
    1. iPad 2 is better
    Bullsh*t!! Unless you are a die-hard apple fan, nothing is going to be better. The only people who are going to think it's better, are people who desire a bigger screen. But the Tablets are all meant to be portable, the only one I would even consider carrying around with me is the PlayBook. PlayBook supports flash, it's fast. And apples customer service blows.

I would rather have to tether my BB to my PB, less data charges. Also, the playbook is fast enough as it is without 4G if you paid any attention to the PB videos.

For who? You? One person doesn't matter to RIM. They are being different, and starting out small. Which I'm positive is how the Tablets should be. Again, it's meant to be portable. If your going with the huge iPad, why not just carry around a laptop. 7-Inch display is perfect.

4. Will the Enterprise like the OS?
    Are you kidding me? You think no one is going to like the QNX OS because it hasn't been used in the wild? QNX effects are daily lives, as for it being in a tablet, I'd rather have that then the iOS which is just a P.O.S!! QNX is going to make this the fastest tablet compared to your precious Apple's iPad.

5. Apps could be a problem.
    Well they aren't going to be. Soon enough, the PlayBook will be able to have Android apps once the developers of those apps go through the process. Even with just BlackBerry apps, I would be perfectly happy with it. Not everyone wants a tablet as a toy.

If you are an android fan. Which I currently am not. As for full-tabbed browsing, the PB has tabbed browsing to. Not a big deal. My BB Torch even has tabbed browsing and you think it's a big deal? If you've watched any videos of the PlayBook, you'll notice that it is better then the iPad by far.

7. The Timing Is Off
    That I can agree with, but they are making sure it is not defective in anyway. I read about lots of people complaining about the same errors/bugs/issues with their iPads because Apple is stupid. RIM on the other hand, is making sure that when they launch it, there is little to no bugs that are that big of a deal. Ones that they can easily get a fix for. I'd rather have a defective-free PlayBook that comes out late, then a defective one that came out early.

Maybe if Cius, or whatever the **** it is, made their name known. I have never once seen this name before, nor have I ever heard it mentioned anywhere, ever. Besides reading this stupid post/blog/whatever it is.

9. It's Pricey
    No it's not.. 3 Different price ranges, 499-699. People who have a bit more money then others can afford the 699 one, while others go for the 499 one. If you think 499 is 'pricey' for a Tablet get a better job.

Flash
    Android Apps
    Multi-tasking
    QNX
    Dual HD video cameras
    1080p HD video; H.264, MPEG4, WMV HDMI video output
    Micro USB and Micro HDMI ports
    This is the comment I left, as I scrolled down to copy it, I seen about 2 or 3 other posts doing exactly what I did. The writer of that, I believe, is just an Apple fan that had too much caffeine before bed.
    tarsam, mookish, NobleSix and 3 others like this.
    03-25-11 08:45 AM
    wouldn't give the article much thought.

take a look at the author's other articles, they're all the same lame format (10 Reasons Why _________)
    03-25-11 08:48 AM
    As Bugs Bunny would say.. What a Maroon!

His comment on release timing? Should have been sooner OR later. ROFL.

Obviously took comments from the the Apple and Android blogs and tried to make them appear as "research" for the article.
    03-25-11 09:14 AM
    North American media in general is toilet grade...

That would be true for media all over the world
    03-25-11 09:18 AM
    Wow. He's bashing a device that's never used, seen, or really interacted with. Just let him run his mouth. Dozens of bloggers will say these exact same things. They are all Lemmings.

03-25-11 09:43 AM
    I stopped reading after reason number one. I realize its an opinion but it doesn't appear to be an opinion with any merit.

03-25-11 09:44 AM
    First, I don't know where he's getting his information that the iPad comes with 3g standard. They have 9 different configurations depending on which service provider you go with. the 16gb 3g/WiFi is $629.00

iPad - iPad WiFi - iPad WiFi + 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

Even though the Playbook has features the iPad doesn't I would have thought / hoped that RIM would be selling it below the $499 price point. I believe they will not sell as many as they hope to because of that. There are a lot of people out there who will buy the iPad at the same price.

In the tablet market is all comes down to what your needs are and how you plan on using it.
    03-25-11 10:07 AM
    Drew up a rebuttal on my website aside from posting it in the comments. It may not get a lot of attention but if I can at least convince one person that what this guy posted is a load of crap then I'll be happy.

The link is here if any of you want to look at it: Veeda News: 10 reasons to not pass up the BlackBerry PlayBook
    03-25-11 10:32 AM
    Don't pay any attention to this types of posts. They put the same type of articles out for the iPad and many other top tech products. Point is, their opinion don't really mean much. Everyone has there reasons why you should or shouldn't buy a device. Just get it for yourself and decide for yourself. I certainly don't make my purchases based of what someone says. I try for myself.
    03-25-11 10:45 AM
    First, I don't know where he's getting his information that the iPad comes with 3g standard. They have 9 different configurations depending on which service provider you go with. the 16gb 3g/WiFi is $629.00

iPad - iPad WiFi - iPad WiFi + 3G - Apple Store (U.S.)

Even though the Playbook has features the iPad doesn't I would have thought / hoped that RIM would be selling it below the $499 price point. I believe they will not sell as many as they hope to because of that. There are a lot of people out there who will buy the iPad at the same price.

In the tablet market is all comes down to what your needs are and how you plan on using it.
    It makes me wonder why RIM seems to overspend on their devices yet Apple doesn't. I know Apple cuts costs by some in house work, but a lot of their stuff is just as outsourced as RIMs

After hearing the earnings call yesterday, it was pretty surprising how they are projecting losses on their end because of high manufacturing costs and marketing costs...outrageous...

You gotta spend money to make money, but projecting a loss - a bit extreme...their business model needs reworking...
    03-25-11 10:45 AM
    and you all did exactly what he wanted. You give him more page hits.
    03-25-11 10:51 AM
    It makes me wonder why RIM seems to overspend on their devices yet Apple doesn't. I know Apple cuts costs by some in house work, but a lot of their stuff is just as outsourced as RIMs

After hearing the earnings call yesterday, it was pretty surprising how they are projecting losses on their end because of high manufacturing costs and marketing costs...outrageous...

You gotta spend money to make money, but projecting a loss - a bit extreme...their business model needs reworking...
    Remember equity=assets-liability...they invested a billion dollars last year in r&d as well spent a lot of money on acquisitions...this year they are spending huge on r&d,marketing etc...

Their r&d spending is near that of apple!...that's why outlook is lower

03-25-11 11:24 AM
    Moved to the PB section
    03-25-11 11:36 AM
    1. The iPad 2 is better
    For the sheep that believe flashless tablets are better.
    4G Playbook coming, moot point
    Opinion, not fact.
    4. Will the enterprise like the OS?
    Well since enterprises are testing it and love it, moot point.
    5. Apps could be a problem
    Yeah tons of blackberry apps and android apps, moot point.
    Not with playbook running all 2.x android apps, moot point.
    7. The timing is off
    TRUE, I do agree on this but if you want it like I do you wait, RIM did wait to long in my opinion.
    Coporations run on BES and blackberries.
    9. It's pricey
    Same price as ipad and more powerful with flash and more functionality, moot point.
    Flash, bes and bis integration, full enterprise support etc.
    03-25-11 11:41 AM
    Drew up a rebuttal on my website aside from posting it in the comments. It may not get a lot of attention but if I can at least convince one person that what this guy posted is a load of crap then I'll be happy.

The link is here if any of you want to look at it: Veeda News: 10 reasons to not pass up the BlackBerry PlayBook
    good work hope this artical show up when ppl search playbook on google
    03-25-11 11:49 AM
    it's time to mobilize the crackberry nation. this kind of injustice can't stand!
    03-25-11 11:52 AM
    This was such a terrible collection of "thoughts" I couldn't even finish it. Just clueless.
    03-25-11 12:01 PM
    That guy defenetly fell off the short bus. He really needs to look at all of them with a un-biased mind.

03-25-11 12:12 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD